(Canada) Sr. People Advisor
People & HR
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Hybrid from Mississauga or Toronto or Remote Canada
The Sr. People Advisor will be responsible for working collaboratively with employees and people leaders across the organization on a broad range of moderate to complex issues related to people policies, programs, and processes. The Sr. People Advisor enables the effective business use of HR programs and processes and supports the future development of new strategies and programs that will help achieve business objectives and enhance organizational effectiveness. Provides HR support to employees and guidance to leaders in the management of HR issues, performance/talent management and development, and delivers proactive guidance on people-related matters that assist the achievement of business goals.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and the HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to improve delivery of all aspects of the business’ talent strategy; serve as an advisor for employees and people leaders offering advice and guidance on HR Policies, programs, processes, and employment related matters.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the performance coaching program; coach people leaders and employees to create a high performing culture across the organization; facilitate internal mobility and career development.
- May participate in the development of HR policies and programs; take the lead in assessing and resolving employee concerns, grievances, conflicts with fairness and integrity while ensuring compliance with legal and company policies and guidelines. Support the Director, People Experience in managing workplace investigations.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and contribute to the HR operational effectiveness by working with cross functional teams in identifying areas of opportunities to support process standardization, simplification, and automation to increase operational efficiency and excellence.
- Support various HR initiatives and programs, responsible for drafting templates for HR documents, proposing/supporting new or revised guidelines and processes. Support hiring and onboarding activities and collaborate with people leaders, Talent Acquisition, HRBPs and Total Rewards to ensure competitive and attractive packages for employees and review survey results and recommend initiatives to increase employee engagement and retention.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR coordinator or other relevant HR experience.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, labor law and employment equity regulations.
- Prior experience in employee relations, conflict resolution, and handling sensitive HR issues, sound understanding of performance management and coaching techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with capability in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and related HR software.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others to solve challenging problems. Decisions involve interpretation and analysis of multiple factors, and often requires working with others to refine or develop customized recommendations.
- Ability to quickly triage issues, provide consultative advice, and apply sound judgment and the highest levels of integrity in resolving complex situations
- Solid critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a personal passion for driving continuous process improvement and optimization and a true growth mindset with a proven track record of delivering results by demonstrating the ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and balance urgency with common sense and good judgement.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Prior HR experience at high-growth, mid-to-large scale organizations within the tech industry.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems and HR analytics to drive data-based decision-making
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.