(US)Software Engineer (Local only- hybrid Minneapolis)
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
What does a typical day look like for a SW Developer?
- The majority of your day would be spent working with a cross-functional team of developers, business analysts, and quality analysts to specify, design, develop, test, and implement software. They’re all great people to work with. Trust me.
- Develop or enhance features within our Spring Boot application.
- Create Unit and Integration tests leveraging Test-Driven Development methodologies.
- Assist with the creation of Automation Testing using Cypress.
- Participate in Code Review.
- Meet with Engineering Team and Product to groom stories.
- We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
- Time permitting, debate Star Wars versus Star Trek.
- Have a look at a video by our Engineering department: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeeSn3lzkwc&list=PLwERWsJLXEnEz9j8IwqjUWfqCzQ1SbvGL&index=7
What does the growth potential look like?
- Many of our open jobs in Engineering are filled with internal employees. A SW Developer will typically progress to an Intermediate Software Engineer. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
- Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new SW technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Excellent Problem-Solving ability.
- Curiosity to learn and try new things.
- Knowledge of Java and Spring Boot are a strong advantage.
- Foundational skills with SQL.
- Exposure to ReactJS.
- For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree in Computer/Software Engineering
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Jenkins Pipelines.
Annual Salary Range: USD 95,000 to USD 108,000
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.