(Canada) Sr. Media & Public Relations Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Remote · Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
The Sr. Media & Public Relations Specialist serves as the primary liaison between internal and agency teams, and is responsible for triaging, coordinating, and executing media and public relations programs. The incumbent will work closely with the Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications to build and execute on the earned media strategy that supports the growth and reputation of the PointClickCare brand across core segments. The Sr. Media & Public Relations Specialist will work alongside the PR agency of record, and as well internal stakeholders, to proactively coordinate, execute, and track all media campaigns and executive communications initiatives.
- Triage, coordinate, support and track all media relations programs, generating earned coverage of strategic narratives to drive through leadership and positive share of voice for the PointClickCare brand.
- Collaborate with agency partner to proactively coordinate and execute all media campaigns that support the growth and reputation of the PointClickCare brand and its leaders.
- Manage and coordinate intakes with internal stakeholders/teams to determine newsworthiness of product launches and campaigns, developing narratives and strategies around product innovation, corporate initiatives and/or customer success.
- Support the planning, coordination and execution of the Executive Communications program and strategy, from media opportunities to speaking engagements to award applications.
- Own and manage the review and execution for all company press releases/announcements, coordinate media opportunities and prepare company spokespeople ahead of opportunities, and maintain all company boilerplates, fact sheets, talk tracks as necessary.
- 60% Remote work/work from home
- 40% In office/in-person Media & Public Relations events
- Strong media and influencer relationships.
- Exceptional communications skills, oral and written, with experience writing and copy-editing corporate brand content.
- Razor-sharp focus and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in developing media/PR campaigns, including securing press coverage from key media.
- Skilled at storytelling, can thread a narrative together and connect the dots.
- Experience in building consensus and collaborating with cross-functional groups to get things done.
- Experience with Canadian and US-based media
- Understanding of cloud-based technologies
- Knowledge of Senior Care and Acute & Payer markets
- Experience in agency and/or corporate environment
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.