Senior Software Engineer (6-month contract)
Remote · Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Work with business to iterate over software requirements.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Analyze and debug systems.
- Perform validation and verification testing in a test-driven manner
- Review the work of others, and invite others to review your work.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies.
What qualifications we’re looking for:
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale using languages such as Java/Kotlin/C#/Go.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL).
- Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints.
- Absolutely love TDD and have working knowledge of it.
- Experience with UI development and frameworks (e.g. Vue.js, React, Angular).
- Proficient in GIT.
- Experience using system and performance monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog).
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, RestAssured).
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking and personal leadership skills
- Self-starter with the ability to deliver with minimal supervision.
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things.
- Team player.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Proven experience as a great Engineer.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Nice to have React, Selenium automation and cloud experience.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Istio.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Linux and IP networking knowledge.
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services or equivalent.
- Experience with SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Experience working on a SaaS product.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash or Groovy.
- On-call experience with production grade systems.
- Has mentored others in a professional setting.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.