Application Operations Engineering Co-op (Sept - Dec 2023)
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
If you are ready to tackle real challenges, and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, this might be the right role for you. We are looking for someone with a curious mindset, who wants to explore and work on meaningful & challenging projects.
You will be involved in troubleshooting issues related to the delivery of data between PointClickCare and our vendors, utilizing mainly HL7 messaging via the Rhapsody Engine. You will collaborate and work closely with internal teams such as Help Desk, SaaS operations, Development and Engineering to ensure that issues are promptly resolved. Additionally, you will work with our vendors and partners to investigate and troubleshoot issues and help resolve application/system issues related to data delivery.
Fall Term is from September 5, 2023 - December 22, 2023
Note, only students in a registered co-op program will be considered.
OK, I am interested. Tell me more. What would my day to day look like?
- You will investigate and troubleshoot various alerts received from servers and applications.
- You will create documentation for knowledge sharing of problem resolutions and troubleshooting.
- You will write and execute basic SQL queries related to data analysis.
- We are always looking to be more efficient, and so you will participate in Process Improvement and Documentation.
- You may also be involved with Incident Management.
- You will be participating in building automations.
- You will be participating in managing cloud infrastructure such as AKS pods.
- You will manage the CRM queue and action incoming cases and take ownership of escalated issues related to application performance.
What qualifications we're looking for:
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Team player mindset.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with MS SQL and ability to write and execute SQL queries.
- Some automation experience using Powershell, Jenkins, Bash, Python.
- Some experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS or Google.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Ansible tower.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Some understanding of the long-term care and/or healthcare industry.
- Knowledge and experience in systems administration/network, Java and Webservice programming.
- Previous experience in Software Engineering SRE or Quality Assurance type Roles.
Targeted Degrees & Disciplines:
ENG - Electrical and Computer Engineering
ENG - Software Engineering
MATH - Computer Science
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.
See more open positions at PointClickCare
Something looks off?