Intermediate DevOps Analyst
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering, IT
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the Manager of DevOps Operations, the Intermediate DevOps Engineer plays an important role in development operations at PointClickCare. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the larger DevOps organization to support engineering and development resources with tooling and systems requirements for a variety of projects. We are seeking individuals with experience and capability to thrive in a changing environment, while contributing to continuous improvement and the automation of daily operational activities.
- Work within a cross-functional team of DevOps Architects, Developers and Analysts
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Provision and support various cloud environments used during the development lifecycle using IaC (Infrastructure as Code).
- Contribute to DevOps and inter-departmental initiatives to maintain or improve system availability, security, and performance.
- Perform and support software installations and upgrades.
- Drive DevOps strategy and planning at an Enterprise scale
- Evaluate new technologies and identify infrastructure needs for deployment environments.
- Work with the team to create and maintain support documentation, as well as host cross training with other team members.
- Debug issues with minimal supervision.
- Support existing solutions and assist in the resolution of hard to solve problems.
- Proactively work on assigned tasks and task areas, while managing support tasks and priorities
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a DevOps or System Administration role.
- Experience working with configuration management and deployment automation tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure such as Azure and AWS.
- Experience within operations, administering both Linux and Windows machines.
- Experience with version control software and job execution tools, preferably Git and Jenkins.
- Experience with Cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, Virtual Networking and Serverless
- Working knowledge of Kibana, Microsoft SQL, MYSQL, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence.
- Proficiency writing Shell, Bash and Ruby scripts.
- Understanding of continuous integration/delivery practices and other DevOps concepts is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle with experience working in QA and beta environments.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related area from a recognized educational institution.
- There will be an on-call component with this position.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.
See more open positions at PointClickCare
Something looks off?