(US) Instructional Designer/Developer
Software Engineering, Design
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
*THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO APPLICANTS FROM BOTH CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES*
This role reports to the Manager of Instructional Design/Development. Under the guidance of the manager and/or with support from more senior Instructional Designers, the Instructional Designer/Developer will perform the end-to-end analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of PointClickCare customer, partner and staff product training and certification learning needs. Utilizing foundational knowledge/experience of instructional design and a basic skill set in authoring and visual design tools, this position is responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deployment of all educational solutions that support the successful adoption of PointClickCare’s products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Project Management, Product, and Customer Care teams to understand business goals, prioritize tasks, negotiate content, communicate timeframes, and to ensure content accuracy and quality
- Determine the appropriate learning strategies that will meet business outcomes.
- Follow adult learning best practices to design, develop, and maintain customer education materials including eLearning courses, virtual and traditional instructor-led facilitator guides and materials, performance support documentation and tools, surveys, knowledge checks, and mastery level tests.
- Support creation of material used in internal and partner certification programs.
- Provide creative and unique solutions that enhance education, engage learners and transfer knowledge more effectively.
- Manage projects with support from manager and team through the entire life cycle from analysis through implementation to complete project deliverables within planned scope, quality, and timelines.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate on a virtual team.
- Focus on scripting course dialogue in conversational tones to convey topics and new concepts in a relatable manner
- Design storyboards, scripts, and other related materials to develop highly engaging and impactful learning solutions.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, remain flexible, and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Collaborate with LMS and Certification team members on curriculum placement, additions, and updates.
- Monitor key learning metrics on quality, customer satisfaction, and impact and enhance education for continuous improvement.
- Communicate when something is beyond your ability and feel comfortable asking for help.
- Stay current with what is happening in the LTPAC industry, adult learning discipline, and PointClickCare go-to-market products and release enhancements to develop relevant training.
- Foundational ability to use Articulate Storyline 360
- Foundational understanding of instructional design principles and delivering online education
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written formats
- Self-motivated with fundamental organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Basic time management skills with the ability to be agile and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently to successfully deliver on departmental goals
- Basic knowledge of Learning Management Systems and standards such as SCORM, AICC, and xAPI
- University degree in instructional design, a certificate in instructional design, or equivalent experience
- Basic experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Vyond, Camtasia, and Articulate Rise
- Working knowledge of software release cycles and the ability to maintain deliverables that align with each release
- Experience with SharePoint, SnagIt, Smartsheet, Netsuite, JIRA Microsoft Office tools
- Entry level visual design skills
- Well-founded knowledge of Long-Term Post-Acute Care (LTPAC) industry
- Working knowledge of PointClickCare software or similar healthcare software experience
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.
See more open positions at PointClickCare
Something looks off?