Principal Software Engineer
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2022
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
** THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE, WITH A 1 DAY IN OFFICE REQUIREMENT **
Have you ever wanted to be engaged as a technical leader in defining and building a completely new large-scale SaaS platform? Are you passionate about finding solutions to complex technical issues that can scale and perform against challenging business and customer objectives? Would you be excited to work on projects that bring actual, tangible benefits to millions of people in real-life health-care situations every day?
PointClickCare is searching for a Principal Software Engineer who will contribute to best practice application development by writing and rigorously defending production-grade code on a regular basis, while also encouraging and optimizing the daily execution of technical excellence across an empowered Scrum team. This is a hands-on leadership role, requiring the analysis, design and implementation of advanced data processing and delivery solutions across multiple data platform technologies, while mentoring other team members and delivering both business and technical objectives through ambiguity and uncertainty.
To succeed as a Principal Software Engineer at PointClickCare, you need to be collaborative, adventurous and passionate. Collaborative means that you’re enthusiastic about jumping in to help achieve the team’s top priorities, no self-promoting politicians allowed. Adventurous means that you’re not afraid to dive into uncharted technical territory and get your own hands dirty while supporting and driving delivery of complex features through a dedicated Scrum team. Passionate means that you’re eager to learn and share knowledge that drives the team forward and excited to be part of a movement that is positively impacting the lives of seniors and their caregivers all over North America.
What your day-to-day will look like:
· Work closely with the engineering manager and provide technical guidance in software design and development activities by mentoring other team members and encouraging best practices
· Demonstrate expertise and passion for evidence-driven engineering in all activities and act as a reference point to drive team ownership and accountability
· Collaborating with the Product team, Data Architects and Data Modelers to understand requirements (both functional and non-functional) and data.
· Leading the development team in designing and developing end-end ETL and Data Mart solutions.
· Creating and documenting detailed technical specifications and designs
· Develop applications by producing clean, efficient, production-ready code
· Write unit and integration tests to ensure code quality
· Help architect, design and build high-quality software
· Identify, prioritize and execute complex tasks in ways that are rigorous, scalable and performant, and that support team development and growth
· Work with business stakeholders to understand and iterate over software and business requirements
· Analyze and debug complex systems
· Perform validation and verification testing in a test-driven manner
· Review the work of others, and invite others to review your work
· Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
· Ensure software is up to date with latest technologies
What qualifications we’re looking for:
· Strong hands-on development experience in the data space – ETL, Data Mart Design and Development, Analytics and Reporting
· Solid ability utilizing SQL (e.g., writing queries), designing and loading (using ETL patterns) dimensional Data Marts. Experience with Data vault is a plus.
· Solid understanding of Data Warehouse principles and patterns
· Hands-on experience implementing ETL solutions using tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), PowerCenter Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). Experience with Azure Data Factory (ADF) and/or Azure Analysis Services is a plus.
· Good working experience with Relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL etc…
· Exceptional coding abilities
· Excellent organization, critical-thinking and personal leadership skills
· Self-starter with the ability to deliver with minimal supervision
· Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
· Solid experience as a Senior Software Engineer for Microservices/Cloud.
· Extensive experience with multiple technical languages, ecosystems and platforms
· Deep experience integrating frameworks into core engineering practices
· Experience using system and performance monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, AppDynamics)
· Experience with automated testing frameworks
· BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
Bonus points for:
· Linux knowledge
· Public Cloud (Microsoft Azure) experience
· Test-driven design experience
· Experience with containerization and virtualization
· Experience with building large scale SaaS software
· Knowledge with scripting languages such as Python
· Knowledge with CI/CD pipeline
· Knowledge with Spark and/or Synapse
· Knowledge with NoSQL databases
- Knowledge with creating dashboards and visual interactive reports using Power BI and DAX functions
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.
See more open positions at PointClickCare
Something looks off?