IT, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Travel is not just about the destination; it's about every memory made along the way. We are dedicated to shaping the future of travel by partnering with 200+ airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. Rooted in our core values of being ambitious, innovative, and collaborative, we are driven to continuously raise the bar, exceed expectations, and bring out the best in everyone, fostering a culture where we believe we are better together, working towards an extraordinary future in travel. Come help us transform everyday travel into extraordinary experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Plusgrade is looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our Finance team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Expenses, the Accounting Analyst will be responsible for:
• Review and process invoices, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies.
• Maintain the Accounts Payable inbox, ensuring timely responses to email inquiries and fostering effective communication with vendors.
• Efficiently process vendor bills from trade vendors, with a primary focus on ensuring accurate accounting and alignment with budgetary guidelines.
• Record and reconcile company credit card transactions on a monthly basis and resolve any discrepancies.
• Reconcile vendor statements and address any issues or discrepancies.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors.
• Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve payment-related issues.
• Coordinate the monthly scheduled payment runs from trade vendors and generate remittances for all three lines of business.
• Responsible for month-end accruals related to operating expenses, contributing to the accuracy of financial reporting.
• Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations related to liability accounts.
• Process employee expense reports and ensure compliance with company policies.
• Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards and company policies.
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports and support audit activities.
• Generate ad hoc reports to support the finance team and business units, providing valuable insights for decision-making.
• Ensure strict compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls and processes, adhering to internal controls within the assigned responsibilities.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements in accounts payable and implement efficiency-enhancing measures.
• The successful candidate will not only be responsible for the core responsibilities outlined above. In the future, more responsibilities may be added to enhance the candidate's professional development, contribute to the overall success of the team, and contribute to the overall financial health of the organization.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• University or college degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• Minimum of 1 - 3 years of accounting and analysis experience.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
Experience with Oracle NetSuite and FloQast is an asset.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Flexible Paid Time Off
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.