Manager, Strategic Financial Planning & Analysis
Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Travel is not just about the destination; it's about every memory made along the way. We are dedicated to shaping the future of travel by partnering with 200+ airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. Rooted in our core values of being ambitious, innovative, and collaborative, we are driven to continuously raise the bar, exceed expectations, and bring out the best in everyone, fostering a culture where we believe we are better together, working towards an extraordinary future in travel. Come help us transform everyday travel into extraordinary experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Manager, Strategic Financial Planning & Analysis for the Financial Planning and Analysis team, supporting all business units, you will play a pivotal role in crafting a financial perspective of our long-term strategic initiatives. You will be responsible for enhancing and driving the company’s capital planning efforts in support of the long-term strategic plan, conducting market research, and supporting business case development. This role requires a candidate with strong analytical skills and business acumen, knowledge of core financial concepts, excellent communication abilities, and a proven track record of supporting strategic initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Capital Planning and Business Casing:
• Provide financial support for the development and evaluation of new investment initiatives, including working with business leaders to create objective business cases to support strategic decisions.
• Build, maintain, and improve financial models to assess feasibility and financial impact to the company.
• Support the creation of persuasive presentation decks to communicate plans, progress reports, and recommendations effectively.
• Evaluate, monitor and report on the performance of various capital investment opportunities and projects.
• Collaborate with finance and budget owners to secure necessary funding.
Annual Planning and 36-Month Plan:
• Build and maintain a comprehensive 36-month financial plan that outlines key initiatives and their timelines.
• Implement a robust quarterly reporting process to track progress against the plan on key investment initiatives and report on results to the executive team and stakeholders.
• Conduct comprehensive market research and competitive analysis to identify emerging trends, opportunities, and threats that could impact the company's growth.
• Establish clear and measurable key performance indicators (KPIs) on specific projects, and milestones to track progress towards achieving our strategic goals.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field (CPA preferred).
• Proven experience (5+ years) in strategic planning, financial planning and analysis, or a similar role.
• Strong grasp of financial statement fundamentals, including working knowledge of the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate complex financial data into meaningful insights
• Proficiency in Google Suite of products (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present complex financial information to non-finance stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning and/or Netsuite and/or Salesforce is preferred
• Excellent project management abilities.
• Strategic thinking and vision.
• Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
• Strong leadership and decision-making capabilities.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.