Director, Finance Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Travel is not just about the destination; it's about every memory made along the way. We are dedicated to shaping the future of travel by partnering with 200+ airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. Rooted in our core values of being ambitious, innovative, and collaborative, we are driven to continuously raise the bar, exceed expectations, and bring out the best in everyone, fostering a culture where we believe we are better together, working towards an extraordinary future in travel. Come help us transform everyday travel into extraordinary experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This exciting role will provide the successful candidate with a key position in the Finance Department of a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization. This individual will be responsible for many aspects of the accounting and finance systems department while gaining a breadth of experience through collaboration with other areas of finance and other departments.
The ideal candidate will possess a professional accounting designation coupled with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of post-designation experience, preferably with fast-growing companies in the technology sector. You possess strong analytical skills coupled with established process improvement and project management experience. You also possess strong written and oral communication skills and the willingness to take initiative, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and foster an environment of collaboration and continuous improvement. You have a track record of challenging the status quo, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing solutions that help automate or add efficiencies to the finance function.
Reporting to the VP, Controller, the Director, Finance Transformation will be responsible for:
• Lead efforts to improve the month-end close process and overall reliability and validity of financial information through automation and process improvement across multiple areas
• Collaborate with senior Finance Stakeholders and the Finance Systems team to continue the automation of accounting-related processes and actively participate in new system implementations
• Establish & track new metrics to measure the efficiency of the Accounting Function
• Provide project management leadership on the implementation of new finance processes, including timing and communication of action plans, and proposals to the Finance leadership team.
• Maintain knowledge on new trends and innovations, bringing forth ideas to further automate and improve efficiencies
• Lead financial integration efforts of potential acquisitions into the Plusgrade environment.
• Working closely with the team to streamline internal controls across the organization.
• Raising any IFRS accounting issues and working in collaboration with the Financial Reporting team on an analysis and assessment of them.
• Participate in exciting ad hoc projects with the finance team.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• Accounting Designation: CPA (5-10 years of post-qualification experience), IFRS knowledge and experience in being part of audits is an asset, NetSuite knowledge is an asset.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills including the capacity to perform detailed analysis while understanding the broader context and implications
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Able to work independently and within cross-functional teams, managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong process improvement and project management skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to demonstrate strong initiative
• Proficient in IFRS standards
• Strong hands-on working knowledge of Excel models/Google Sheets, at an advanced level
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment
• Experience in the technology sector is an asset but not required
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.