Senior Accounting Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Travel is not just about the destination; it's about every memory made along the way. We are dedicated to shaping the future of travel by partnering with 200+ airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. Rooted in our core values of being ambitious, innovative, and collaborative, we are driven to continuously raise the bar, exceed expectations, and bring out the best in everyone, fostering a culture where we believe we are better together, working towards an extraordinary future in travel. Come help us transform everyday travel into extraordinary experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Accounting Analyst to join our finance department on a permanent basis. The Senior Accounting Analyst will oversee the accounts receivable, accounting and reporting tasks for our newly acquired legal entity in Israel which is poised for fast growth, and be an instrumental part of the transition of the accounting and reporting from a third-party provider to the Plusgrade Finance team. This role will report to the VP, Controller of Plusgrade and work closely with the Plusgrade Finance team and the Hospitality team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Review the accounting records and reporting each month end, while working closely with the FP&A team to understand the variances from actuals to the plan.
• Work closely with the 3rd party accounting service provider to produce a monthly trial balance within the Corporate timelines.
• Collaborate with the financial reporting team on the conversion of the Israeli GAAP figures to IFRS.
• Prepare the monthly reporting package for this legal entity.
• Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared monthly.
• Review customer contracts to ensure invoicing and accounting are correct and in accordance with contractual terms.
• Prepare monthly invoices and forward them to all the customers.
• Work on collections to ensure customers are paying timely, and follow the escalation process if invoices are overdue.
• Respond timely and professionally to the customers on any questions.
• Reporting dashboards and DSO metrics related to AR and collections.
• Work with the Plusgrade Accounts Payable team to ensure bills and invoices are paid on time.
• Process and verify employee expense reports accurately with adherence to corporate expense policies.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly payrolls and review in accordance with internal control policies, as well as leading projects to have departmental splits in the GL.
• Research and recommend methodology to adhere to strict Israeli regulations using NetSuite, while improving the processes and aligning to the Plusgrade policies and procedures.
• Assist with Finance projects as requested (Implementation of NetSuite, month-end processing, a payment processing platform for example).
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• 5+ years of experience in a similar function or role
• University or college degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field. A professional accounting designation would be an asset.
• Process improvement and strong experience in implementing it..
• Proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs, etc.), Google Docs and technology-savvy.
• Strong organizational and planning skills, ability to work accurately and efficiently under demanding deadlines
• Works well on teams and as an individual contributor
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.