IT, Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Travel is not just about the destination; it's about every memory made along the way. We are dedicated to shaping the future of travel by partnering with 200+ airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. Rooted in our core values of being ambitious, innovative, and collaborative, we are driven to continuously raise the bar, exceed expectations, and bring out the best in everyone, fostering a culture where we believe we are better together, working towards an extraordinary future in travel. Come help us transform everyday travel into extraordinary experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As our Treasury Analyst, you will be assisting in the management of Cash - the largest asset on Plusgrade’s balance sheet.
You will be responsible for executing daily treasury operations and transactions, including cash management and cash reporting activities. This position will also perform financial analysis and work on special projects in addition to compliance activities.
Cash will be a critical economic enabler contributing to achieving the organization’s strategic objectives. You will be a member of the finance organization and will help drive key processes within Treasury to facilitate successful cash management activities.
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury, the role will be responsible for the following:
• Monitor and analyze daily cash positions by currency, financial institution, and legal entity
• Prepare cash management transactions in accordance with deadlines and policies, as well as retain supporting documents for cash reconciliations and research requests
• Initiate wire transfers / ACHs, transfers, using various online banking platforms, ensuring all payments and receipts are made in the most efficient and cost-effective method
• Ensure that contractual payments are made timely and accurately
• Ensure intercompany balances are being settled on a timely basis ensuring liquidity among the various bank accounts, currencies, and legal entities
• Completion of all cash-related bank reconciliations and journal entries on a monthly basis for all bank accounts
• Compile and analyze treasury information to meet monthly, quarterly and fiscal year-end management reporting and external auditor requirements
• Execute FX trades with financial institutions for liquidity management and hedging purposes
• Assist in establishing treasury controls, procedures, and policies
• Work collaboratively with the Business Planning team to assist in the accurate forecast of cash balances
• Assist in monitoring and reporting on banking covenants, including forecasting out cash requirements and the impact on covenants
• Assist in the preparation of slide decks as it relates to Treasury operations
• Work with IT and banking partners to automate workflows for more efficient and auditable compliance and internal controls
• Participate in additional tasks and projects as required
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or equivalent work experience
• 2-3 years of treasury/banking experience
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills including the capacity to perform detailed analysis while understanding broader context and implications
• Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all organizational levels
• Financial modeling skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, and comfortable dealing with large amounts of data.
• Able to work independently and within cross-functional teams, managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Prior experience in capital market trading, operations and/or accounting is a plus
• Strong organization and critical thinking skills
• Effective analytical abilities and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the ability to clearly explain banking processes and regulations
• Experience with Oracle NetSuite would be an asset
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.