Risk Analyst (Ecommerce Fraud)
IT, Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Travel is not just about the destination; it's about every memory made along the way. We are dedicated to shaping the future of travel by partnering with 200+ airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. Rooted in our core values of being ambitious, innovative, and collaborative, we are driven to continuously raise the bar, exceed expectations, and bring out the best in everyone, fostering a culture where we believe we are better together, working towards an extraordinary future in travel. Come help us transform everyday travel into extraordinary experiences.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to join our Risk and Payments team for a permanent position.
We’re looking for a smart, detail-oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving. As an integral part of our Risk and Payments team, our Risk Analyst will be relied on to identify fraud and take corrective actions by collaborating with our team to implement solutions quickly and effectively. Our successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with superior verbal and written communication skills, outstanding analytical skills, and who can demonstrate the ability to handle changing priorities in a rapidly growing environment. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the world of global e-commerce fraud detection and have experience with rule-based fraud detection tools as well as a high level of big data analytics skills.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As our successful Risk Analyst, you will perform a critical function in preventing fraudulent transactions for our partners, enhancing our fraud procedures, achieving the goal of reducing chargebacks through rule management, data analysis and manual review efforts, and liaising with many of the world’s largest loyalty programs. We are looking for someone who has the innate curiosity, tenacity and persistence needed to constantly be researching and investigating online fraudulent activities to ensure our good customers get through with as little friction as possible. This role reports to the Risk and Chargeback Manager. Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
• Data analysis: Looking for patterns to help prevent and identify good, suspicious, and fraudulent behaviors
• Track and provide statistical insights and patterns related to global e-commerce fraud, refunds, and chargeback (Fraud & Service) levels
• Communicate results through presentations to both internal and external stakeholders
• Conduct online investigations using open-source and/or database research
• Perform thorough manual reviews of queued transactions to determine the likelihood of fraud and subsequently approve/decline said transactions
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• Experience in e-commerce fraud mitigation through data analysis
• Analytical skills, using but not limited to, Excel, Python, SQL, database analysis or other querying language
• Reporting skills, using but not limited to, Tableau, Alteryx
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• 3-5 years in e-commerce fraud analysis experience
• Flexibility to work weekends and holidays is required
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.