Manager, Customer Support
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Manager, Customer Support you will lead a team of two senior support specialists. As a coach, your goal is to develop a team that delivers first-class global customer care while excelling at escalation management. The ideal candidate will have a solid hands-on background in incident management and support, and a proven track record of building partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You are a strong communicator and decision-maker with the ability to analyze issue trends and root causes. Your role is partner-centric, requiring participation in product launches, delivering partner training, and providing monthly reports on partner issue analysis and remediation. You will work with internal stakeholders to prioritize our partners' needs and be the champion for service improvements.
We are a small but highly versatile team, where each member is ready to collaborate and address challenges collectively. This position presents an excellent growth opportunity, particularly for individuals with a strong background as a Senior Support Specialist or a Team Lead.
This role reports to the Director, Global Care. Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Lead your team to success by establishing and improving operational KPIs and policies in support of best in class global support
• Develop strong partner support relationships through training on Points support applications and providing regular check ins on support trends and improvements
• Manage escalations in a timely manner – ensuring alignment between Global Care personnel and all involved parties to ensure timely resolution and risk mitigation
• Take a lead in resolution of complex issues involving cross-functional teams across the organization
• Manage service deliverables through our 3rd party support vendor
• Provide updates (daily, weekly, monthly) to business units on operational goals and objectives including analysis of contact reasons, trending, identifying unforeseen issues
• Establish and maintain regular touchpoints with our partners to facilitate relationship growth
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• 5+ years experience with support teams, including 3 years in a people leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated ability to influence decision-making processes
• Previous experience supporting Financial Institutions is an asset
• Excellent analytical, documentation, and communication skills
• Proven experience with escalation and issue management
• A passion and proven desire for leading a close group of high-performers
• Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
• Proven track record of driving positive change
• Experience in setting and maintaining KPIs
• Ability to summarize data and view trends and communicate these to internal/external stakeholders to drive change
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks in a fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.