Senior Product Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Plusgrade is searching for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team and establish a Customer-centric vision that will transform our products and the travel industry.
Reporting directly to the VP, Product, in this role you will be responsible for leading initiatives focused on defining the product strategy and vision, product design and development, process improvement and increasing Customer satisfaction.
This involves identifying Customer needs and business opportunities, and taking them through to implementation by collaborating with the business and engineering teams at Plusgrade.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Working with other key members of the leadership team, you’ll help turn the company vision and mission into reality through researching, ideating, implementing, launching, and iterating on new and existing products.
• Constantly iterating, solving problems, and working to help improve the traveler experience.
• Defining the product roadmap and strategy, based on market research and input from key stakeholders
• Gathering and analyzing feedback from customers and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for product improvement
• Integrating usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance Customer satisfaction.
• Building a culture of product enthusiasts and providing vision and direction to an agile team
• Working with engineering and design teams to plan and execute development projects, and to ensure that products are delivered on time and within budget
• Ideating and working with the UX team to design new products and features that will influence millions of travelers around the world
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key partners and vendors, to ensure that the company has access to the necessary resources and technologies to develop its products
• Collaborating with marketing and sales teams to develop product marketing and sales materials, and to support product launches and other marketing initiatives
• Analyzing data and understanding user behavior and market needs for using data and analytics (inform and drive key decisions with data-informed insights and research).
• Partner cross-functionally with other product managers, marketing, engineering and commercial teams to understand their questions and challenges in order to expand our product portfolio
• Develop and track progress against a product roadmap to build data-driven capabilities over time (including the definition and tracking of key performance indicators)
• Provide guidance to engineering teams by providing product requirements, as well as clarifying customer goals and business priorities to ensure they focus on our highest-impact projects
• Support the deployment of analytics projects and data-driven product features
• Partner with engineering and IT teams to align on data architecture, tools and technologies
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• 5 to 7 years of travel industry experience, ideally working directly with airlines, cruise, or rail.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Product Management, Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• 5 to 7 years of proven success in a product management role, especially in high-growth environments within categories like e-commerce, travel, and customer loyalty
• 5 to 7 years experience of product management, product design with user interfaces, wire frames, and mock-ups
• 2+ years experience building mobile app solutions on iOS and Android in the consumer space.
• Passion for being innovative and driving Customer-centered experiences, attention to detail in content, usability, and design.
• Strong entrepreneurial attitude to help innovate and execute product initiatives which in turn will create amazing traveler experiences across the Customer journey.
• Track record of building and launching innovative customer facing features that drive growth, reduce customer pain points and improve retention
• Strong creative skills that go beyond iterative or obvious improvements to test experimental product features
• Passionate about technology, people and shaping Plusgrade’s ability to provide frictionless end-to-end customer experiences
• Experience preparing easy to read and visually pleasing documentation, presentations and related product overviews.
• Experience writing business and product requirements, building roadmaps and prioritizing efforts based on multiple inputs.
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
• Able to work with limited supervision and be accountable for actions and decisions and show proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
🍼 Parental Leave Top Up
🌍 Adventure Pass
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.