Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Payroll Manager, you will have a blend of payroll and accounting knowledge to fill this contract position. You will be responsible for the accurate processing of the Company’s payrolls in Canada, US, UK, Israel and corresponding with E&Y to process a payroll in Germany, Dubai, and Singapore, and the preparation of the related journal entries in the accounting system.
Reporting to the VP, Controller, this role will be responsible for the following:
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Prepare and transmit semi-monthly payrolls in Canada and the US, bi-weekly payrolls in the UK and monthly payrolls in Germany, Dubai, Singapore and Israel.
• Prepare payroll reports using third-party payroll service providers web-based systems.
• Work with the Treasury team to ensure timely sufficient funding in all payroll bank accounts and wires set up where applicable.
• Ensure all Group RRSP and 401k contributions are reconciled and remitted.
• Prepare month-end payroll-related journal entries in Oracle NetSuite accounting system.
• Reconciliation of the related balance sheet accounts
• Complete terminated employees’ ROEs
• Prepare all payroll-related remittances (for all jurisdictions)
• Reconcile all social taxes on a monthly basis (for every jurisdiction applicable, EY handles the small payrolls)
• Ensure compliance with Payroll process SOX controls
• Correspond with fellow employees on any payroll inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Act as a liaison between the Finance and HR departments
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills including the capacity to perform detailed analysis while understanding the broader context and implications
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Able to work independently and within cross-functional teams, managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• 2 - 5 years of accounting reconciliation and journal entry preparation
• Knowledge and experience processing payroll based in Ontario
• Exposure to US and international payrolls would be a great asset
• Experience with Ceridian and ADP (People @ Work) payroll systems
• Strong excel skills
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.