Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Join our Brand & Communications team as a Visual Designer!
We are seeking a talented and experienced design professional to join our in-house team and create visually stunning digital assets for some of the biggest travel brands in the world. As a Visual Designer, you will play a crucial role in shaping the visual presence of our partners and internal customers. Your responsibilities will include designing captivating social media ads and emails for our B2C promotions, crafting engaging presentation decks, producing impactful marketing and brand materials, and providing support for multi-brand projects. In addition to setting the design direction, you will have the opportunity to directly refine the concept and design of our promotions and assets. We value resourcefulness, self-sufficiency, and a strong sense of ownership in our team members.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Visual Design Lead, you will:
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create visually compelling digital ad campaigns.
• Design captivating presentation decks for effective communication of complex ideas.
• Develop marketing and brand materials for conferences, including booth designs, signage, and brochures.
• Create visually appealing landing pages and email templates.
• Ensure brand consistency and adhere to established guidelines.
• Stay up-to-date with design trends and proactively apply them.
• Collaborate with copywriters, marketers, and project managers to deliver high-quality designs on time.
• Effectively communicate design concepts and incorporate feedback.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• 3+ years of professional experience in visual design.
• Strong portfolio showcasing exceptional design skills across various mediums.
• Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience in digital ads, presentation decks, marketing materials, and brand visuals.
• Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana.
• Strong understanding of design principles, typography, iconography, and colour theory.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in design deliverables.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment; comfort with receiving and implementing feedback.
• Nice-to-have: Experience in video design and editing.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.
See more open positions at Plusgrade
Something looks off?