Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Project Manager will provide project oversight, coordination and administration for the designated projects in our Points ecosystem portfolio including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling project activities. Management activities include drive momentum for the project (i.e., removing barriers both inside and outside the business), review and communicate all project progress and interim results to ensure alignment with the overall organization and partners’ vision.
The successful candidate will be someone who is both technically proficient and an experienced project manager who takes pride in ensuring projects are run effectively and efficiently. You will manage resources (time, scope, and people) for the delivery of multiple projects. You will work in a complex, ever-evolving (& improving) environment to deliver high-quality products and to bring those products to life with our customers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, PMO, you will be responsible for:
• Bringing an unrivalled passion for the project journey - striving to exceed partner expectations in every interaction.
• Providing leadership and hands on project management and vendor management expertise to ensure the successful delivery of the portfolio products and integrations to our partners (typically 2 – 5 concurrent projects) in a SaaS based environment.
• Collaborating closely with multiple internal stakeholders on a technical and non-technical basis to deliver high-value products to our partners.
• Demonstrating expertise in both the art and science of project management across several areas including: governance, scope, risk, quality, issue management, communication and stakeholder management.
• Demonstrating excellent decision-making skills around scope, timelines, and resources.
• Producing several project management related business analysis including status reports, issue and risk logs, meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
• Actively participate in sprint planning to ensure high-quality project work is taking place in an efficient manner.
•3+ years software implementation project management experience preferably in software/ecommerce industry.
•3+ years of client facing experience in a technical environment with strong ability to translate tech talk into business speak.
•Project leadership skills with the ability to execute well under pressure.
•Experience working in complex, multi-project environment with a number of clients is critical in order to be successful in this role. Consulting experience would be an asset.
•Possess client management skills with a passion for building effective customer relationships and exceeding partner expectations.
•Comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization including business executives and technical experts.
•Exposure to a variety of Project Management methodologies.
•Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation is an asset.
•Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and overseas as needed to meet with partners.
•Willingness to join late night or early morning partner meetings as needed.
•Excellent communication and English language skills (written and verbal).
•Ability to thrive in a changing environment and adapt as project requirements change
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.
See more open positions at Plusgrade
Something looks off?