Financial Analyst - Strategic Planning & FPA (Global)
IT, Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Financial Analyst for the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, supporting the Global business unit, your time will be split between Strategic Financial Planning, and Corporate FP&A.
Primarily, you will support the Manager, Strategic Financial Planning and the Strategic Growth team. You will work closely with many different internal and external stakeholders to conduct market research, opportunity assessments, competitive analysis, and develop business cases that support business priorities.
On the Corporate FP&A side, you will be responsible for financial planning, forecasting, and analysis to support the company's strategic initiatives.
We’re looking for a candidate with high attention to detail, an analytical thought process, and exceptional problem-solving skills. In addition, the role will involve collaborating with various departments and business units to drive financial insights and optimize financial performance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Strategic Financial Planning - 60%
• Support projects on new business, market, and distribution opportunities assessment
• Partner cross-functionally to develop and provide insight and financial decision support for corporate strategic initiatives
• Complete competitive analysis research/support
• Conduct extensive research of loyalty program rules, program size, loyalty member demographics and benchmarking
• Prepare price sensitivity analyses
• Support development of long-term strategic business plans
• Build business cases, financial models, and RFP preparation
Corporate FP&A - 40%
• Develop and maintain financial models to support and build the annual financial plan and on-going forecast
• Prepare financial reports and presentations for senior management and external stakeholders
• Collaborate with various departments to support the development of strategic initiatives by providing financial analysis and recommendations
• Analyze financial results and provide meaningful insights to business leaders to aid decision making
• Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) and business metrics to identify trends and opportunities
• Develop processes and drive innovation to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Assist with special projects and ad hoc analyses as required
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in FP&A within a corporate environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate complex financial data into meaningful insights
• Proficiency in Google Suite of products (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present complex financial information to non-finance stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices
• Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning and/or Netsuite and/or Salesforce is preferred
• Customer-oriented mindset; strives to exceed internal and external customer expectations
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confid
See more open positions at Plusgrade
Something looks off?