Backend Development Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Points, a Plusgrade company, is looking for a Backend Development Engineer to join our Partnership Services Software Engineering team. The Partnership Services team is Agile driven, focused on building innovative products between loyalty partners and merchants to acquire and manage points. A successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team and cooperate with others, taking ownership of their work from start to finish. This means writing great code that is well tested and scalable, and promoting engineering best practices. We cherish the growth of our team members, and we’d like you to find your own way to continue to grow and add to your skill sets as part of the work here. This means that while we’ll enable and encourage you to grow, you should have the drive to learn.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Team Lead, Software Engineering, you will join a multidisciplinary team where you will:
• Develop modern back-end applications using Golang that will reach millions of users around the world.
• Share responsibility for your team’s technical health: architecture, best practices, reliability, security, etc.
• Improve developer and user experience through thoughtful design, rigorous testing, and clear documentation.
• Ensure that our products meet the accessibility needs of our end-users.
• Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, designers, and other stakeholders.
• Play an important role in helping us to deliver high-quality products to our partners and customers.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• Great communication skills
• Extensive experience with back-end development, building APIs
• Exposure to frontend frameworks, such as React
• At least 3 years of software development experience
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE AND TEACH:
• PostgreSQL Memcached
• AWS (ECS, etc)
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
• Recruiter Phone Interview
• Hiring Manager Interview
• Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
• Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.
See more open positions at Plusgrade
Something looks off?