IT, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2023
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Plusgrade is looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our Finance team for a permanent position.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Analyst, the Accounting Analyst will be responsible for:
• Preparation of activities related to month-end closing, such as issuing invoices to Partners, recording vendor bills and accruals in Oracle Netsuite
• Generating AR aging reports, and managing accounts receivables and provision.
• Preparation and review of Partner remittances on time (ensuring in compliance with contractual payment terms)
• Preparation of invoice reconciliations against payments and other activities on a weekly basis
• Investigating issues, working collaboratively with team members for solutions.
• Preparation of various Balance Sheet Reconciliations on monthly basis
• Identifying opportunities for improvements and making suggestions on current procedures
• Assist with other financial close procedures for each month-end, quarter-end and year-end.
• Ensure compliance with related SOX controls and processes, and following Internal Controls in area of responsibility.
• Other administrative duties as needed
• Work on special projects based on departmental and company/business needs, including system implementation, upgrades, and other ad-hoc requests
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
• University or college degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Google Docs
• Superior communication skills with the ability to work across all levels
• Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively within a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
• Cooperative and service-oriented attitude
• Ability to initiate action to accomplish an objective and goals; be proactive
• Experience with Oracle NetSuite and FloQast is an asset
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US:
🏦 RRSP/401(k) Matching
🏥 Comprehensive Health Plans
📅 Unlimited Vacation/PTO
✈️ Travel Experience Credit
🧘 Annual Wellness Credit
🥗 Team Events and Monthly Lunches
💻 Home Office/Commuter Credit
🌅 Work From Anywhere Program
Plusgrade is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (if applicable)
- Team Interview
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.
See more open positions at Plusgrade
Something looks off?