Director of Product, Payments
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
We are currently able to hire full time in the following Canada locations: Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia. If you are located outside of these provinces, you can still be considered as an applicant, but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 9,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
We're looking for a product leader who is entrepreneurial, a strategic and analytical thinker, customer-obsessed, and a data storyteller. This is a new leadership role at Plooto tasked with leading the payments product group.
In this role, you and your team will be responsible for achieving the company's top goals by developing and executing Plooto's payment strategy. Your team's ownership spans the "pay a vendor" and "get paid" experiences.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute Plooto’s payment strategy.
- Define Plooto’s payment experience and improve key activation, engagement, and retention metrics.
- Build growth loops and strong network effects in the core product.
- Work with marketing and revenue teams to grow our subscription revenue.
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities informing product roadmap decisions.
- Lead a team, provide mentorship, and empower the team to deliver their best in a fast-paced environment.
- Leverage data analytics and user research to gain deep understanding of users and extract insights about user needs, measure performance, and identify new opportunities.
- Establish an experimentation program where you’ll test and quickly iterate on experiences that will support acceleration of first pay, activation and adoption of new payment solutions.
- Document, manage, and monitor product KPIs and metrics to ensure they’re aligned and performing across teams.
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a product leader and 5+ years of payment product related experience.
- Deep understanding of how payments work and a proven record delivering seamless end-to-end payments experiences.
- Ruthlessly prioritize your work based on maximum customer impact and has an ability to do a lot with little.
- Highly analytical, a data-driven leader and comfortable with self-service data analysis to support decision-making.
- You can quickly understand and translate results and how they ladder up to the larger goal set.
- Proven experience designing, executing, and interpreting A/B tests to inform data-driven decisions and optimize product growth.
- You help the team take ambiguous problems and big problems and turn them into actionable roadmap, experiments, research — with minimal guidance.
- Tremendous drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Set and discuss high-level strategy and sweat the important details tactically.
- You can make hard decisions — and push those around you to excel and continuously raise the bar.
- You have a proven record of generating ideas that are fresh, creative, and practical.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.