Senior SEO Manager
Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
We are currently able to hire full time in the following Canada locations: Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia. If you are located outside of these provinces, you can still be considered as an applicant but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 9,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
As a Senior SEO Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing key pillars of our SEO strategy, turning them into a key driver of growth for our business. You will play a key role in partnering with cross-functional teams to create and execute the plan.
What You'll Do
- Research, develop, and implement successful SEO strategies.
- Set SEO performance goals and measure main KPIs, such as organic traffic, search rankings, search engine visibility, and click-through rate.
- Optimize website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve ranking for target keywords.
- Review technical SEO and conduct webpage audits with SEO deep crawls, providing insight and data-backed suggestions on how to grow site traffic organically.
- Conduct keyword research to guide content marketing efforts and partner with copywriters to drive SEO content creation.
- Direct off-page optimization initiatives (i.e. link building).
- Research and analyze competitor strategies and opportunities, perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Partner with the Performance team to support Paid Search campaigns: track, report, and analyze website analytics; provide ongoing recommendations to optimize copy and landing pages.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to execute on SEO strategy.
- Stay abreast with SEO trends, search engine algorithm updates, and technology.
- 7+ years of SEO experience in managing B2B SEO.
- Experience using competitive SEO tools (SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Search Console, Google Analytics).
- Understanding of the SEO industry and Google’s web standards; proficiency in structured data/schema.org is a plus.
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to be both a self-starter and team player; strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and data driven.
- Experience with B2B SaaS or Fintech a plus.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.