Staff Front-End Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Plooto’s vision is to enable the advancement of small and medium businesses, by developing the tools & insights they need to manage & maximize their cash flow. We aim to automate complex financial processes by building a complete cash flow management platform that unifies payments, processes, control, reconciliation, and reporting. Plooto’s multi-platform product is trusted by over 8,000 SMBs and their finance teams. Plooto Network, with over 150K businesses, enables our customers to discover and transact with any vendor, supplier, or biller in North America. For more information, visit plooto.com
As a Staff Front-End Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to build cutting-edge FinTech technologies used by over 8,000 businesses in North America. Using React, HTML and MaterialUI you’ll have an immediate impact on our end-user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well-versed in web frontend development, but also has strong UX/product sensibilities and enjoys working closely with world class designers, product managers, QAs in building customer journey.
We are a high-performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. We leave our egos at the door and understand a diversity of perspectives is the best way to solve problems and deliver value. This is a chance to join the Plooto team and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence.
What You’ll Do
- Create value for our customers by driving specific KPIs and outcomes through software delivery.
- Participate in design, implementation, and deployment of new features and products.
- Strong partnership and collaboration across the organization stakeholders such as product, design, infrastructure, and operations to improve our systems capabilities and accelerate its adoption
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, Plooto system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ preferences and concerns
- Design experiments to measure business and user experience improvements
- Technically led projects which have involved multiple engineering teams
- Experience building a comprehensive set of tools to enable effective and delightful developer experience for payment related products by codifying complex payment logic and engineering needs with declarative artifacts (data model, rules, configurations, etc)
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- Live and promote our leadership principles.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of developing user facing applications
- Proven track record of delivery of scalable web applications
- Experience delivering complex infrastructure or tooling projects end-to-end start to finish, for example migrating multiple products onto a new technology stack
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability and security
- Passionate technologists with a desire to expand their knowledge and skill as well as share and mentor team members
- A passion for working with users, building great user experience, and API design
- A track record of mentoring Senior Engineers
- Strive for continuous improvement and belief in collective success
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and building Front end architecture on multiple platforms such as Mobile and Desktop.
- Able to contribute in a Full-Stack manner using the Microsoft development stack.
- Good feel for UI/UX design