Deep Learning Researcher
Fast-growing and profitable AI startup seeks exceptionally talented deep learning researchers to help shape the future of voice AI. The ability to learn new technologies and solve highly vague problems on a tight schedule is critical. Top-notch communication skills are essential. A strong sense of ownership is a prerequisite. Expect to work with intense, motivated, and competent peers.
- Theory, applications, and limitations of machine learning
- Theory, applications, and limitations of deep learning
- Experience with at least one mainstream deep learning framework
- Ability to program in C
- Practical understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience building complex and extensible software
About the Role
Picovoice is a deep tech startup founded by engineers and driven by engineers. We are accelerating the transition of voice AI from the cloud to the edge. Why? Privacy, reliability, and environment  . Numerous enterprises, including NASA and Stanford University, are leveraging Picovoice technology in their products.
In this role, you get to work on
- Applied research to improve the accuracy and runtime efficiency of on-device voice recognition   
- Build voice AI models from scratch for upcoming products
- Improve existing voice AI models: Cheetah & Leopard Speech-to-Text, Octopus Speech-to-Index, Rhino Speech-to-Intent, Porcupine Wake Word Detection, and Cobra Voice Activity Detection
- Develop algorithms for automated data gathering and generation
Something looks off?