Applied Speech Scientist
Fast-growing and profitable AI startup seeks exceptionally talented speech scientists to help shape the future of voice AI. The ability to learn new technologies and solve highly vague problems on a tight schedule is critical. Top-notch communication skills are essential. A strong sense of ownership is a prerequisite. Expect to work with intense, motivated, and competent peers.
- Prior experience in speech recognition and generation
- Theory, applications, and limitations of machine learning
- Theory, applications, and limitations of deep learning
- Experience with at least one mainstream deep learning framework
- Ability to program in C
- Practical understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience building complex and extensible software
About the Role
Picovoice is a deep tech startup founded by engineers and driven by engineers. We are accelerating the transition of voice AI from the cloud to the edge. Why? Privacy, reliability, and environment  . Numerous enterprises, including NASA and Stanford University, are leveraging Picovoice technology in their products.
In this role, you get to work on
- Applied research to improve the accuracy and runtime efficiency of on-device voice recognition   
- Build voice AI models from scratch for upcoming products
- Improve existing voice AI models: Cheetah & Leopard Speech-to-Text, Octopus Speech-to-Index, Rhino Speech-to-Intent, Porcupine Wake Word Detection, and Cobra Voice Activity Detection
- Develop algorithms for automated data gathering and generation
Something looks off?