Senior Accountant, Corporate Consolidation
Accounting & Finance
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe and APAC, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Accountant specializing in Corporate Consolidation to become an integral part of our dynamic finance team. In this pivotal role, you will be at the forefront of our corporate reporting process, playing a strategic role in ensuring the accurate and timely consolidation of financial data for Flywheel into Omnicom.
This role can be Baltimore, Toronto or London based, ideally working in one of our hub offices 1-2 days a week.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare monthly tie out, bridge files and uploading to our BCS (Hyperion).
- Responsible for downloads from our local systems (SAP) and for the preparation of the upload files
- Upload of multiple entities into the consolidation software
- After uploading and consolidating monthly results, analyze and validate any errors while partnering with HQ
- Bridging the local books to Hyperion under the US GAAP – be transparent and understandable for year end audit.
- Automating the upload process for Hyperion by creating new upload files and participating in upgrade implementation projects
- Analyze mapping files for various legal entities and create new mapping logic if needed.
- Maintain IC clearing for all legal entities in Hyperion and partner with local accounting teams to be aligned with the local books.
- Preparing documentation for staff on how to use Hyperion efficiently.
- Perform equity roll forward reconciliations
- Prepare investment consolidation entries for subsidiaries and non-controlling interests
- Reporting of investments to HQ, partner with local accountants and with group accounting regarding US GAAP requirements
Who You Are:
- CPA preferred, with 5+ years of experience working as a Staff or Consolidation Accountant, in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing internal customers to completion.
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- You consider yourself advanced at Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookups)
- Experience with complex ERP systems - specifically with SAP S/4HANA, SAP R3, SAP B1, SAP Business Warehouse or Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Understanding of US GAAP reporting requirements
- Team player with the ability to function independently in a multi-task environment
- Experience with international work environments different time zones
- Highly motivated and driven individual with an IT affinity
- You are process driven and have experience driving process improvements in your work and team
Flywheel is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The current range is calculated in USD, for other global locations please connect with your Recruiter.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
• 401K Savings Incentive Plan & Flexible Spending Accounts
• Volunteering opportunities
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.