Account Executive, Emerging
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe and APAC, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
We are currently hiring an Account Executive to generate new business with brands, agencies, and larger sellers to grow our customer base and revenue.
In this role, you will support our Perpetua product (part of our Emerging segment), which focuses on the seller, challenger brand, and specialist agency segment within the Flywheel portfolio. Perpetua provides retail media optimization and intelligence technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and agencies create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically.
What You Will Do:
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of how brands grow their sales on eCommerce marketplaces and develop strategies to allow customers to achieve those growth goals.
- Generate net new business with brands and agencies that sell on Amazon, Instacart, Walmart, Target and other eCommerce marketplaces.
- Own the end to end sales process - you'll represent Perpetua as the lead point of contact for new customer acquisition efforts.
- Ability to uncover pain points and sell solutions at all levels of the organization on target accounts; you're a multi-threading expert.
- Contract negotiation ownership - within guidelines, you will fully represent Perpetua at the negotiating table.
- Work closely with a team of BDRs to ideate and execute innovative prospecting strategies to build and grow your pipeline.
- Maintain a consistent and accurate pipeline to enable effective forward looking analysis.
- Some travel is expected to represent Perpetua with client partners, with third parties, at industry events, etc
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in a closing role at a SaaS company or equivalent sales experience in a CPG/media agency organization
- You're craving to get into (or continue building your career) in the fast moving and high growth retail media space.
- Proven ability to manage and grow accounts as well as develop new business.
- You can make persuasive decks that tell a story and have captivating presentation skills.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
• Generous parental leave program
• Volunteering opportunities
• Our Toronto office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to come in person 1-2 times per week
• When in the office: unlimited snacks and drinks, engaging company events, etc
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.