Senior Business Development Director
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerates growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities, and the support you need to be the best you can be.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Director to manage the North American New Business team, as well as take on responsibility for selling the Flywheel service offerings to a portfolio of the world’s largest brands. As a player / manager, you will develop and execute a consultative sales strategy within an assigned territory to drive revenue growth with leading brands, as well as lead and coach the New Business team to exceed our revenue targets. You will work in partnership with the pre-sales and marketing teams to drive lead generation within your territory (and the team’s territories) to develop opportunities across all relevant services and markets, managing these throughout the sales process until completion. You will also work closely with our Operations and Client Success teams to support in acquiring new clients and ensuring a smooth onboarding process. This role requires previous sales and sales leadership success, high attention to detail and organizational skills, exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for revenue growth to goal for a specific territory of targeted brands, as well as the entire North America region.
- Lead Team to ensure they are actively prospecting and developing a qualified new business pipeline.
- Manage complex sales-cycles from initial customer engagement to closed sales
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of current market trends and client needs. Expert in what we do and how we do it, to solve clients’ problems and enable them to achieve agreed-upon metrics.
- Comprehensive understanding of the sales process with the ability to engage executives at different levels of the organisation
- End-to-End Business Planning: Ability to build and defend through proof points, and strong storyboards in delivery of our capabilities and service offerings in support of client needs.
- Manage accurate lead, pipeline and forecast reporting on a regular basis
- Collaborate with pre-sales and product marketing to create join demand generation strategies and potential use cases to engage prospective clients
- Attend networking events to promote Flywheel solutions and identify potential future clients
- Manage and coach a team of Business Development Directors to ensure all individuals are equipped with the skills needed to drive lead generation, sales and accurate forecasting
- Collaboration: Must work with the Client Services organization to ensure we have command of the value proposition for all products and services, as well as current trends, and market demands. Possess the ability to communicate to prospective Clients how we can help their business challenges and promote growth.
- Thought Leader: Having a pulse and opinion on industry news, translating macro trends into tailored recommendations and actions for clients
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 7+ years of sales experience, selling mid-market to enterprise solutions into large companies(CPG companies would be advantageous);
- 3+ years sales leadership experience, building and managing successful sales teams
- Ability to reach and develop relationships with C-Level leadership or senior executives in your respective territory / accounts
- Highly motivated Hunter mentality
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to travel as needed
- High attention to detail with the ability to efficiently prioritize and execute projects with quality
- Strong communicator, naturally curious, and genuinely cares about client outcomes
- Experience managing external relationships to meet mutually beneficial goals
- Solution-oriented mindset that thrives in ambiguity and figuring out solutions and processes to complex problems
- Comfortable in analysing dashboards and utilizing spreadsheets with mastery of basic excel formulas and pivot tables to extract and clearly communicate insights from murky data
- Bias for action with a scrappy willingness to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile to persist and get the job done
- Sense of ownership complemented by strong organization and project management skills to meet deadlines
- Team player with a genuine desire to contribute to the overall success of the entire team in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate internally with colleagues
Flywheel is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The current range is calculated in USD, for other global locations please connect with your Recruiter.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Vacation time will depend where you're located
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits will depend on where you're located
• Volunteering opportunities
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at email@example.com so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.