Senior Data Science Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe and APAC, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
As a Sr. Data Science Engineer, you will work with our bid optimization team to identify, experiment, implement, and deploy advertising optimization algorithms for the Perpetua Platform. You will have access to over 2000 customers who utilize this platform to grow their business worldwide. Our team primarily works with Python and the Google Cloud Platform suite of products like Cloud Run and Vertex AI to productize cutting-edge data features. We are currently working on developing a scalable advertising bidding platform that enables advertisers to implement custom and versatile bidding strategies including but not restricted to maximizing advertising sales, dominating top-of-search placements, optimizing for total sales, new-to-brand purchases, organic rank, etc. In this role, you will support our Perpetua product, which focuses on the seller and SMB market segment within the Flywheel portfolio. Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with our team on Amazon Advertising to understand the intricate relationships between bids, placement, conversion, and ultimately sales to create novel and exciting ways for our customers to automate their advertising strategies on Amazon and beyond.
- Design, Implement, and Analyze experiments for deriving Actionable Insights
- Analyze advertising performance data to improve the core strategies that power Perpetua's advertising engine
- Support the growth of the team by contributing to activities for establishing best practices, recruitment, and authoring design documents
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or engineer working with data scientists
- Strong experience with algorithms and data pipelines processing terabytes of data per day
- You have experience taking concepts from inception through to production and ongoing monitoring and enhancements
- Experience in e-commerce or advertising space is an asset
- You have worked in organizations with cross-functional teams of ~5 people, solving hard problems collaboratively and working tightly with your immediate team members and across the organization
- Nice to have: knowledge of reinforcement learning and linear/non-linear optimization techniques
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
• Generous parental leave program
• Volunteering opportunities
• Our Toronto office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to come in person 1-2 times per week
• When in the office: unlimited snacks and drinks, engaging company events, etc
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.