Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, and APAC, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
We're looking for a Content Specialist to join our team as part of our Content Studio function. Content Specialists work with key stakeholders to develop and execute strategies that help our clients optimize their e-commerce product page copy for search and conversion. You will be a subject matter expert in e-commerce copy optimization, including keyword research and retailer requirements, as well as Content Studio’s proprietary platforms. The role is very hands-on, working with internal teams and external clients as well as managing freelancers to complete various copywriting projects.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with client, account team, and other departments to:
- Understand a client’s products, target audience, and business goals
- Develop a content strategy plan with innovative ideas to drive e-commerce performance
- Determine internal costs and scope of project plans
- Manage the core components of client projects, including:
- Conducting comprehensive keyword research to identify relevant search terms and phrases
- Facilitating the optimization of a client’s e-commerce product page copy via our network of qualified freelancers
- Reviewing and approving all client deliverables to ensure quality standards and project expectations are met
- Responding to and addressing client feedback
- Coordinating multiple projects at once, keeping track of all deadlines, deliverables, and associated tasks
- Providing regular input on all project activity, including weekly status updates
- Ensuring project issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the account team of any problems that may arise
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and proposing appropriate solutions
- Recruit, train and support our network of freelancers by:
- Creating comprehensive instructions and guidelines for each project
- Implementing proper screening methods (tests, samples, surveys, etc.) to ensure the right freelancers have access to the right projects
- Coaching freelancers’ performance throughout the lifecycle of a project, including resolving disputes, communicating instruction changes, and providing constructive performance feedback
- Absorbing freelancer concerns and prioritizing their importance; responding and making updates to projects to mitigate concerns
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of work experience within Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Copywriting, or a related field. Experience working within the eCommerce industry is considered an asset.
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills and meticulous attention to detail
- You have an understanding of SEO and e-commerce copywriting best practices
- You possess strong communication and presentation skills; exceptional active listening skills
- You have the ability to focus when under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- You have a passion for technology and innovation
Flywheel is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The current range is calculated in USD, for other global locations please connect with your Recruiter.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Vacation time will depend where you're located
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits will depend on where you're located
• Volunteering opportunities
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.