Senior Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
We are seeking an experienced and strategic-minded Senior Media Manager to lead and drive our media initiatives within the retail media landscape. As a key member of our marketing team, the Senior Media Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive media strategies, optimizing advertising campaigns, and ensuring alignment with overall business goals. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of retail advertising platforms, data-driven decision-making skills, and a proven track record of successful media management.
What You Will Do:
- Lead client engagements and drive strategy discussions;
- Help clients to plan and develop a budget and then work with your team to deliver campaigns according to KPIs agreed to with the client;
- Provide guidance on campaign optimizations to ensure campaigns are set up for success;
- Oversee keyword and bid strategy across available advertising options;
- Establish structure and oversee development of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting, analytics, and performance insights for retail media campaigns;
- Oversee creation and execution of Test & Learns, especially of emerging retailer ad offerings and internal Flywheel capabilities
- Lead or oversee the success of recurring client calls
- Develop broader account teams and direct reports to support career growth at Flywheel and progression to the next role
- Accountable for accurate delivery of client campaign budgets and responsible for any mismanagement of client budgets by broader account teams
- If Media and Retail engagement (Full Service), connect weekly with internal Retail team
- Responsible for client education on trends and best practices, as well as sharing industry Thought Leadership
- Work with teams to identify new opportunities for clients under management
- Work with teams to quickly identify and resolve any client issues
- Lead internal projects that support the continued growth of the Flywheel media team
- Own agenda and preparation for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) by client, delegating materials development to account teams
- Deliver executive-Level partnership updates and support sr. level meetings along side Flywheel Directors and VPs
- Travel required, based on client needs
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 6 years of account management experience
- Digital Retail (Retail Media preferred) experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in Ecommerce media management
- Digital marketing, financial/quantitative analytics experience
- Strong analytical skills, with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Excel—pivot tables and ‘VLOOKUP’;
- Detail-oriented, good project management and organizational skills with the ability to work on tight deadlines;
- Experience in developing, managing, and analyzing online promotion campaigns;
- Possess strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Innovative, scrappy, and independent thinker with the ability to influence using data;
- Ability to thrive in dynamic and demanding situations with minimum supervision
- Experience leading successful teams, including developing junior colleagues to progress in their careers
- Proven ability to effectively communicate performance, thought leadership and partnership updates to sr. leadership at clients, inclusive of C-Suite contacts
Flywheel is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The current range is calculated in USD, for other global locations please connect with your Recruiter.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
• 401K Savings Incentive Plan & Flexible Spending Accounts
• Volunteering opportunities
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.