Full Stack Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Flywheel Digital is looking to add a Full Stack Software Engineer to our growing team in Europe! If you’re a top candidate, you’ll become an integral part of our tech team. You’ll be a quick learner who appreciates challenges and values ownership and responsiveness.
You’ll be working alongside other engineers and data scientists to collaborate on various features of our eCommerce platform within an Agile environment. Overall, you’ll be working on a team that is driving innovation in a greenfield marketplace to create and maintain our best-in-class global software platform!
What you will do:
- Design and develop robust, high-quality sustainable code
- Maintaining existing applications, pipelines and functionality
- Maintaining technical debt and participation in technical projectsParticipating in technical discussions to continuously improve the company platforms
- Planning projects in tandem with your team from concept through development and to deployment
- Mitigating problems with ideas, code and technical solutions
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in web application development frameworks and related and emerging technologies to provide, recommend, and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Partner with product and engineering leaders to be involved in decision-making around the architecture and future of the product
- Responsible for the end-to-end management and maintenance of the cloud hosting environment
Who You Are:
- Have strong experience with a backend framework, preferably Java or Node.js
- Have experience with distributed system design, deployment, and operations - preferably with AWS
- Experience spans both Fullstack backend and frontend engineeringAbility to write designs, tradeoffs and explanations for your ideas
- Ability to write clear, secure, and scalable code within a Java application stack
- A passion for product and feature development
- Highly motivated and self-directedEmphasis on the importance of UI/UX designs. Fanatical about the customer experience
- Experience creating web application wireframes and mockups. Good understanding of user experience concepts and their application in developing an appealing user interfaceUnderstanding and experience with security fundamentals, role-based security, and familiarity using encryption keys and controls
- Excellent oral and written English communication skillsStrong organizational and time management skills
- Have worked in an agile environment participating in and running SCRUM meetings
- Service Oriented Architecture
- AWS environment configuration, setup and administration experience preferred
- Experience with NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience with test-driven development, and agile engineering practices, including continuous integration
- Experience with Agile process and working as part of a distributed team
- Working knowledge of using a distributed version control system within a team environment(preferably Git)
Flywheel is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices, actual salary will be determined based on geography & level of experience. The current range is calculated in USD, for other global locations please connect with your Recruiter.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Vacation time will depend where you're located
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits will depend on where you're located
• Volunteering opportunities
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at email@example.com so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.