Graphic Designer (10 month contract)
Sterling, VA, USA · Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerates growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
We're looking for a Graphic Designer for 10 month contract (maternity leave cover) to join our Brand Design team as part of our Flywheel Marketing function.
The Designer's primary function is to design and create collateral for multiple products within Flywheel. They will take on briefs/work typically assigned by the Marketing Project Manager or Design Director and are relied on by the Marketing team to design and produce a variety of projects. They will work with the Design Director and other designers on the team to execute creative designs and technical aspects of work. They will communicate directly with Marketing team members, the Project Manager, and other outside departments as needed to clarify details, edit, and follow up on projects.
The Designer will work on projects spanning from brand collateral, deck presentations, social content, graphics for video, and emails, as well as promotional pieces for trade shows and events. Collaborating with the Flywheel Brand Studio, marketing teams (brand, content, events, growth marketing), and business partners they will work to ensure brand consistency and fulfill marketing initiatives while producing eye-catching, and high-performing designs. This is a team effort. Designers might own a project from concept to creation or work with other designers to build on concepts and execute.
What You’ll Do:
- Helping concept design based on creative proposals while aligning to the brand principles and ensuring quality outputs
- Design and execution of marketing materials and brand design support across the business. Checking work to make sure each asset is completed in full, on time, and in line with marketing and company standards
- Working with guidance from other Studio Designers and the Design Director to ensure creative work follows brand guides and creative standards
- Designing collateral for marketing campaigns, paid ads, presentation design, data visualization, infographics, social campaigns, trade shows/event collateral, and internal company comms and projects
- Ensure all assets are delivered on time and in line with project owner/business partner requirements
- Liaise with Project Manager or Project Owner to understand the brief requirements, deliverables, and objectives
- Communicate with the Project Manager to provide updates on progress and escalate any risks or blockers to asset delivery: track project updates and status in the team’s project management tool
- Work with the Brand Design team through creative options and check execution and brand consistency, being open to constructive feedback on their work and comfortable offering insight within the team when collaborating
- Can work independently to lead a creative project or collaborate with fellow designers on larger projects
- Keep up to date with design and marketing best practices and innovation and bring this to the work whenever possible
Who You Are:
- You have about 5+ years of experience in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or in a related field (experience at a SaaS/Tech company is considered an asset)
- You have advanced proficiency in tools like Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) Figma, and Google Suite
- You are proficient and have an understanding of general principles of typography, colour, and web layout
- You can work independently and get the ball rolling when assigned new tasks/projects, but also can adapt and are receptive to feedback when given
- You thrive in a collaborative team-based environment and can work well with internal and external stakeholders
- You have strong communication skills and can effectively work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the business
- You learn quickly, and proactively take on new challenges or build on new/existing skills
- You are able to work through projects to find solutions that meet creative standards and project requirements
- You have strong organizational skills - you are able to handle multiple projects and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Experience in skills like motion graphics, photography, illustration, UX/UI is a plus
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
• Generous parental leave program
• Volunteering opportunities
• Our Toronto office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to come in person 1-2 times per week
• When in the office: unlimited snacks and drinks, engaging company events, etc
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.