Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
We're looking for a Mid/Senior Data Engineer to join our team. The best candidates will hit the ground running and contribute to our data team as we develop and maintain necessary data automation, reports, ETL/ELT, and quality controls using leading-edge cloud technologies. You will have a deep knowledge and understanding of all stages in the software development life cycle. The ability to self-start, mentor and manage less experienced data engineers, desire to learn new technology, manage multiple priorities, and strong communication are all in your wheelhouse!
What you'll do:
- Write high-level, well-documented code in Python and SQLBuild data pipelines that range from simple to complex, using technologies like Apache Airflow and AWS Lambda, Step Functions, and EventBridge, and other AWS serverless technologies.
- Build ETL pipelines with Snowflake, AWS Glue, pyspark and other ETL tools.
- Work with a mix of structured and unstructured data across cloud-based batch and streaming architectures
- Engage directly with technical analysts, project managers, and other technical teams to help build concise requirements and ensure timely completion of projects
- Work with Git, CI/CD, and version control to maintain code and documentation
- Design and vet solutions for technical problems, and solicit team feedback during the design process
- Mentor, manage, train, and participate in paired programming in a lead capacity
Who you are:
- Must have experience with version control, GitHub, and software development life cycle
- 4 years experience with SQL and data modeling
- 4 years experience developing with Python
- Demonstrated experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience with data pipelines / batch automation in at least one major technology (e.g. Apache Airflow)
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (AWS-preferred)
- AWS Serverless (lambda, eventbridge, step functions, sqs)Experience working in an agile development environmentStreaming experience (kafka, kinesis, etc.)
- Familiarity with JiraExperience with other AWS technologies: EC2, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Experience with additional cloud platforms beyond AWS
- Experience developing CI/CD, automations, and quality of life improvements for developers
Flywheel is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The current range is calculated in USD, for other global locations please connect with your Recruiter.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Vacation time will depend where you're located
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits will depend on where you're located
• Volunteering opportunities
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.