Associate Data Scientist
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
Join the Flywheel team as a Associate Data Scientist who will help us discover and leverage digital retail data to help our clients drive top line sales and add meaningful value to their businesses. We're seeking passionate individuals who thrive on challenges and want to revolutionize how we gather, store, and process vast amounts of dataPrimary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and contributing to high quality prediction systems integrated into our various platforms. Take the leap and apply now to be part of our thrilling journey!
What You Will Do:
- Own specific components of Flywheel’s data science projects.
- Own the accuracy of specific models, from automating the monitoring to proactively investigating and diagnosing data drift and model drift.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis including through data wrangling and visualizations.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Analyze results to help our clients be successful on Amazon.
- Perform hypothesis testing for model updates.
Who you are:
- We’re looking for someone with 2-3 years of experience manipulating data sets and doing data analysis with visualizations
- Experience querying databases and excellence using in Python are required
- Experience with data visualization with matplotlib is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required
- Experience with programmatic media, Google ads, Facebook Advertising, etc. is a plus
- Experience creating and using machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Experience with Pyspark is a plus
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• 25 Vacation Days annually
• Great learning and development opportunities
• A well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte
• Professional coffee machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer
• Free food and drinks, regular team events
• Volunteering opportunities
• Our Berlin office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.