Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
In this role, you will support our Perpetua product, which focuses on the seller and SMB market segment within the Flywheel portfolio. Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically.
As a Fullstack Senior Software Engineer with Perpetua, you will be contributing to web applications written in Django Python and ReactJS / Typescript to bring a great Perpetua experience to our users. Amazon Ads is a $40B business today and every retailer on the planet is replicating the Amazon playbook, we’ve already transformed the way businesses approach e-commerce and online advertising and we’re ready to continue growing.
What You'll Do:
- You will build end-to-end full stack capabilities in our core platform across marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart.
- You will help us build deeper workflows into retail media platforms from across the globe. You will contribute to system design and architecture across our back-end microservices primarily deployed on GCP. From how we ingest and process terabytes of data every day to how data flows through our systems to power our platform.
- You will work closely with a team of 4-5 engineers, a product manager, and a designer to deliver a smooth experience to our customers.
- You will support the wider engineering organization by identifying areas of improvement, proposing RFCs, seeking feedback early and often, iterating over your ideas, and co-creating something better than you could have done by yourself
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in web-based technologies at a product company.
- You have strong experience with Python frameworks such as Django/Flask, relational databases such as Postgres, and the cloud either GCP or AWS.
- You are comfortable with navigating a large codebase across dozens of repositories.
- You’ve worked closely in teams of ~5 engineers before, solving hard problems collaboratively, and working tightly with your immediate peers as well as across teams.
- Strong experience with algorithms, data structures, and building systems that process terabytes of data.
- You are comfortable navigating vague problems and creating clarity from uncertainty and communicating it clearly to your peers.
- We believe in taking ownership from start to end. You pride yourself on your ability to take complex problems and iterate on them until you find a simple solution.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
🌍 We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Great learning and development opportunities
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
🙌 Volunteering opportunities
👋 Our Toronto office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to come in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, engaging company events, etc
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.