Senior Backend Developer
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
Join the Flywheel team as a Senior Java Engineer and be at the forefront of transforming data handling. We're seeking passionate individuals who thrive on challenges and want to revolutionize how we gather, store, and process vast amounts of data. In this role, you'll develop scalable solutions, collaborating closely with data engineering and data science teams. Your work will enable efficient data pipelines, supplying valuable insights to our customers and throughout the organization. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to shape the future of data-driven technology. Take the leap and apply now to be part of our thrilling journey!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver cutting-edge features while tackling concurrency problems, working with constraints, and embracing the unknown.
- Design and implement highly scalable systems, leveraging techniques such as message queues, multi-threading, and distributed systems to handle large amounts of data efficiently.
- Find innovative solutions to complex problems, optimizing performance and ensuring fault tolerance in our systems.
- Contribute to the technical strategy and product roadmap, constantly seeking opportunities to enhance and enrich our engineering culture.
- Share your expertise and knowledge within your team and across the entire engineering organization, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Explore the realm of serverless computing, harnessing its power to drive innovation and improve system efficiency.
Who You Are:
- Have 5+ years of commercial experience as a software developerHave pertinent commercial experience with Java 11+
- Have experience with Kotlin
- Are familiar with messaging, REST, multithreading, caching, and event bus architecture
- Are interested in working with big data
- Have profound knowledge and working experience of relational databases
- Have working experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA Frameworks
- Believe that a developer should be involved in deploying, running, and monitoring an application
- Are familiar with AWS and have experience with IAC solutions
- Have experience with working in an agile environment
- Care about quality in a pragmatic and sustainable way
- Are a team player and good communicator
- Bonus points if you have cross-cloud / GCP / Python experience
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• 25 Vacation Days annually
• Great learning and development opportunities
• A well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte
• Professional coffee machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer
• Free food and drinks, regular team events
• Volunteering opportunities
• Our Berlin office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.