Product Design Manager
Sterling, VA, USA · Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
In this role, you will support our Perpetua product, which focuses on the seller and SMB market segment within the Flywheel portfolio. Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically.
As a Product Design Manager you will manage a small but mighty team of Product Designers focused on delivering world-class experiences to e-commerce sellers and agencies globally. You will play a key role in the individual growth development of the product design team members, as well as the product development process as a whole. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, UX research, visual design, and career growth skills, and you will own a large part of the Perpetua product direction and business strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, partner, and support the design process and our team's philosophies, to create user-centered concepts that deliver consistent, intuitive experiences
- Manage and lead a team of designers to support their growth and development
- Collaborate with design leaders and key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the organization
- Set project goals and priorities, manage timelines, and ensure that the design team is delivering high-quality work in a frictionless manner
- Define product design strategy and optimize our customer experience using a variety of inputs, and clearly articulate rationale behind design decisions
- Completely rethink how complex cross-channel advertising campaigns are monitored and managed
- Present and communicate concepts, designs, and prototypes to cross-functional team members and stakeholders with clarity
- Build, maintain, and improve the Perpetua Oasis design systems
Who You Are:
- You have at least Senior or Management experience in an Agile software development environment, ideally with B2B experience
- You have experience managing/mentoring other designers in Visual, UX, or Product design positions at different points in their careers
- You are a strong communicator and have the ability to tailor your communication based on the audience you’re speaking with
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy and a passion for delivering the best experience possible on an interaction-by-interaction, experience-by-experience basis
- You embrace complexities, and love diving into problems head-on even if they are uncharted territory to you. Learning about new things excites you and you thrive in it!
- You have experience designing end-to-end experiences on both web and native mobile applications
- You have experience building and maintaining large-scale Design Systems
- You have advanced proficiency in UX tools such as Figma, Figjam, Miro, and interactive workshops
- You have the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing/open-ended requirements
- You demonstrate strategic product thinking and vision
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
• Generous parental leave program
• Volunteering opportunities
• Our Toronto office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to come in person 1-2 times per week
• When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, engaging company events, etc
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.