Internal Controls Manager
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Note: Perpetua and Flywheel Digital are both part of Ascential's Digital Commerce brand portfolio. The Perpetua Talent Acquisition team is supporting recruitment for this role. More info here.
Flywheel Digital is a diverse collection of practitioners who have solved the most challenging problems for numerous Fortune 500 companies on Amazon. We love rolling up our sleeves to figure out the root cause of issues and implement structural fixes to get and keep our client's business on track. Our team of business managers, search managers, analysts, and software developers work together to provide industry-leading support to the best brands on Amazon.
As our Internal Controls Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing Flywheel’s SOX program. You'll be at the forefront of enhancing and refining our internal control framework, with direct influence over its evolution. The ideal candidate has experience in implementing and evaluating SOX requirements, along with the ability to collaborate across diverse cultures and engage senior executives. This is your opportunity to not only be a part of something transformative but to lead the charge in elevating our global standards.
Preference for candidates in Eastern time zones (Canada or US)
What You'll Do:
- Oversee process improvements to ensure SOX compliance.
- Improve the rigor and understanding of end-to-end processes, walkthroughs and design assessments.
- Lead controls rationalization efforts, including controls description, financial statement assertion and risk mapping
- Work with business leaders on action plan remediation.
- Identify and incorporate impacts of system, configuration, business and process changes to the SOX program.
- Provide counsel and drive ownership and understanding of the company’s suite of controls
- Execute annual SOX scoping exercise and gain early alignment with external auditors
- Update the Company's SOX compliance documentation including Control Matrices, Process Narratives and key control tests
- Evaluate the adequacy of key controls and related documentation and providing recommendations where areas for improvement exist
- Provide internal training in the areas of controls, policies and SOX compliance
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated experience with SOX compliances, processes and standards
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB Auditing Standards, SOX, and Risk & Controls standards.
- Proven experience in supporting the execution of an end-to-end SOX program
- Experience in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing, or Internal controls.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Experience leadership skills, you enjoy managing and leading a team
Working at Flywheel Digital 🇺🇸
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
🌴 Unlimited PTO
🧠 Learning and Development Opportunities
👍 401K – Saving Incentive plan
💜 Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
🍼 Generous parental leave program
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call. Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.