Director, External Reporting and Technical Accounting
IT, Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Note: Perpetua is part of Ascential's Digital Commerce brand portfolio. The Perpetua Talent Acquisition team is supporting Recruitment for this role. More info here.
The shift to digital commerce is only accelerating. Faster. We know that our customers – the world’s top consumer brands and their ecosystems – need the right information to help seize that opportunity. Our products and brands help our customers optimize their digital commerce, maximize marketing impact and create the right products.
As our Director, External Reporting & Technical Accounting, you will play a pivotal role in spearheading the external reporting and technical accounting functions. This leadership position will be crucial to the success of our finance and accounting team, and you will be a key driver in ensuring the accuracy, transparency, and compliance of our financial reporting processes. Your expertise will be instrumental in providing critical financial insights to executive management, guiding strategic decision-making, and fostering collaboration among various teams.
Preference for Greater New York City Area or Baltimore Area.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the coordination and preparation efforts to compile all information contained within SEC filings through working with finance and cross-functional teams
- Ownership over the preparation of external financial statements and footnote disclosures in accordance with SEC (including XBRL tagging) and US GAAP requirements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting
- Technical accounting leader, working closely with corporate finance and operational teams to provide US GAAP accounting and reporting guidance
- Team responsibilities for contractual reviews prior to execution and providing accounting research and guidance in support of the Company’s business transactions
- Ensure systems support appropriate accounting, reporting and internal control guidelines
- Responds to external questions regarding financial reporting
- Develop, maintain, communicate and train others on accounting policies and procedures
- Establish the Company’s position on complex technical accounting matters and presents the suggested treatment to management and external auditors
- Monitors emerging accounting pronouncements, evaluates the impacts to Company and takes ownership of implementation procedures
- Key liaison to external auditors for audit requests and other third-party service providers, as needed
- Ensures all work complies with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Drive efficiencies and improvements in existing processes and internal controls
Who You Are:
- You are a CPA, with experience working in firm and public companies
- You have 12+ years of experience
- You have built and led a high-performing team of finance and accounting professionals, providing mentorship and fostering a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting requirements
- Experience leading process for public company to compile and file financial statements with the SEC
- Experience drafting white paper accounting memos and establishing accounting policies and procedures
- Has trained teams to ensure compliance with new accounting pronouncements
- SAP and Hyperion reporting experience is a plus
- You are a strong business partner to stakeholders across the org, and can easily work across teams and levels with strong influence
- Self-motivated, independent, and resourceful while demonstrating the highest level of integrity
- Strong business partner to others in the organization
- Able to interpret and translate complex technical matters into concise communication to management
- Challenges existing processes and always looks to improve and find efficiencies
Working at Ascential Digital Commerce 🇺🇸
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
🌴 Unlimited PTO
🧠 Learning and Development Opportunities
👍 401K – Saving Incentive plan
💜 Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
🍼 Generous parental leave program
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call. Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.