Accounting & Finance
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Note: Perpetua and Flywheel Digital are both part of Ascential's Digital Commerce brand portfolio. The Perpetua Talent Acquisition team is supporting recruitment for this role. More info here.
Flywheel Digital is a diverse collection of practitioners who have solved the most challenging problems for numerous Fortune 500 companies on Amazon. We love rolling up our sleeves to figure out the root cause of issues and implement structural fixes to get and keep our client's business on track. Our team of business managers, search managers, analysts, and software developers work together to provide industry-leading support to the best brands on Amazon.
We're looking for a Senior Accountant to join our finance team who will be responsible for developing and executing top-notch month-end financial reporting processes and will play a key role in supporting internal and external audits.
In this role, you'll need to ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting, write accounting papers, and maintain the accuracy of the general ledger across different legal entities in various regions. It's important to make sure that all postings adhere to group accounting standards such as IFRS and US GAAP, as well as our policies and cost coding for management reporting. You'll be the go-to person for monthly balance sheet reconciliations across all general ledger accounts.
In addition, this role will also include preparing balance sheet reviews and taking on ad hoc project work such as control analysis, system implementation, and other operational improvements as needed. We're looking for someone who can handle diverse responsibilities and contribute to the overall success of our finance team.
What You'll Do:
- Successful execution of month-end close procedures including accrual and prepayment journals, booking any bank charges, fixed asset journals including depreciation and capex/ assets in construction journals and all other postings as necessary
- Working closely with the wider finance and billing team to ensure accurate monthly revenue posting and reconciliation
- Working with the group financial reporting team to ensure all intercompany transactions and recharges are accurately posted and reported
- Accounting papers where required
- Process documentation to assist with audits and process improvement
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including resolution of reconciling items;
- Oversight of bank transactions through to completion of bank reconciliations each month
- Support of internal and external financial audits
- Assist with ad hoc projects as necessary, including control assessment submissions to the listed parent company
Who You Are:
- You are a high potential individual who can grow with the organization and contribute significant value to the Finance department
- You are a CPA and ideally have Big 4 and industry experience
- Experience working with Public companies and reporting timelines
- Experience with business processes including month-end close, reconciliations, accrual accounting and fixed asset management
- Experience working with financial systems – SAP, Hyperion/ HFM and Quickbooks
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and working with group accounting policies, IFRS experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel—pivot tables and ‘VLOOKUP’
- Detail-oriented, good project management and organizational skills with the ability to work on tight deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Working at Flywheel Digital 🇺🇸
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
🌴 Unlimited PTO
🧠 Learning and Development Opportunities
👍 401K – Saving Incentive plan
💜 Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
🍼 Generous parental leave program
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call. Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.