Senior Manager/Director of Medical Affairs (Remote)
Perimeter Medical Imaging
Perimeter Medical Imaging AI is a medical technology company driven to transform cancer surgery with its ultra-high resolution imaging technology to achieve our mission of advancing the standard of care, improving patient outcomes, and reducing healthcare costs. Our ultra-high-resolution, real-time, advanced imaging tools address areas of high unmet medical need.
With headquarters in Toronto, Canada and U.S. headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Perimeter Medical Imaging (TSXV:PINK)(FSE:4PC) has launched the next generation of imaging technology that allow surgeons to visualize microscopic tissue structures with unparalleled clarity in the operating room.
Reporting to the Vice President Clinical & Medical Affairs, the Senior Manager/Director of Medical Affairs will be responsible for leading and growing a best-in-class Medical Affairs Organization. This individual will cultivate strategic and tactical plans to support the development and implementation of a medical affairs and medical education program including oversight of a high-quality field training team, medical value (including HEOR), medical information, and medical communications. This role requires creativity, flexibility, communication, and cross-functional collaboration.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Develop and manage scientific and medical working relationships with clinical investigators, key institutions/centers of excellence, scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and professional societies within the field of oncology.
- Develop an education program using state-of-the-art methods for user workshops and formal training opportunities for external existing and future customers and internal staff.
- Collaborate with esteemed faculty, medical professionals, and stakeholders to create engaging and effective educational initiatives that align with institutional goals.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of comprehensive medical education programs, encompassing curriculum planning, assessments, and evaluations.
- Develop a world-class training team, processes and formal/informal education and training offerings that result in well-trained and therefore highly confident customers.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of the training team processes, metrics and best practices to ensure consistent and effective results.
- Stay abreast of the competitor landscape, analyze information, and disseminate company wide.
- Champion and lead the development global strategic Medical Affairs launch plans, training materials, and medical information to provide scientific and medical support for publications and presentations.
- Represent the company at scientific congresses, professional society meetings and patient advocacy forums.
- Develop a global Medical Affairs plan including Publication Planning, Medical Advisory Boards, Scientific Platforms, Educational Programs, Training, and Conferences.
- Ensure adherence to accreditation standards and guidelines established by relevant medical education bodies.
- Prepare, review, and submit documentation for accreditation reviews, ensuring ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Engage in the review and approval of investigator-initiated and sponsored research strategies and review processes when appropriate.
- Ensure all medical and scientific activities are in accordance with applicable regulations and of the intended markets and meet high quality standards and customer and patient expectations.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning promoting effective teaching methodologies and innovation.
- Build relationships with scientific societies and advocacy organizations to develop educational programs, workshops, speaker sessions, dinners, etc.
- Develop and implement robust assessment tools to measure the effectiveness of medical education programs and identify areas for improvement.
- Proactively prioritize, assess, and critically summarize relevant scientific and medical literature to the company.
- Aid in the understanding and interpretation of study results, collaborate with HCPs in content development, writing, and revising of scientific communications for conference proceedings (e.g., abstracts, posters, and platform presentations) and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Conduct literature review to address internal and external medical information queries.
- Lead the continued development of the scientific content repository (e.g., ATLAS).
- Oversee the input to Medical Device Quality Management System processes, including but not limited to risk management, labeling review, advertising/promotional material reviews, health hazard evaluations, safety incident investigations, and premarket authorization submissions.
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD) with a health science background or Master’s degree with 5+ years experience working in a medical affairs’ and/or medical education organization.
- Proven track record of leadership and academic excellence in medical education, curriculum development, medical writing and manuscript preparation.
- In-depth knowledge of medical education principles, curriculum design, and accreditation processes.
- Previous experience and knowledge using state-of-the-art methods including e-learning platforms and instructional technologies to develop effective physician education and training.
- Experience in program management, strategic planning, and educational assessment.
Additional Skills and General Expectations
- Previous medical education in industry experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Creative and intellectually curious, with strong strategic intuition that embraces change.
- Must be able to pass background check and be hospital credentialed.
- Solid critical thinker with a proven ability to collaborate with both leadership and teams, demonstrating ability to influence, make sound decisions, anticipate future organizational needs, and drive alignment.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Previous oncology therapeutic area experience preferred.
- Other assignments as required.
Does this look like a good fit for you?
Tell us more…
Perimeter Medical AI is committed to your success and providing opportunities for career and professional advancement. We maintain a fun and outgoing, yet professional environment that truly values our employees. As a part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in Perimeter Medical AI but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Perimeter Medical Imaging AI is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Perimeter welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.