Senior Unity Developer
Peekapak is changing how educators and parents teach and develop important social and emotional skills like gratitude, perseverance, empathy and teamwork by making it effective, easy and engaging for students, teachers and families through our online learning platform.
We are looking for a Senior Unity Developer to work with us on contract to assist in designing and creating new mini-games that will fit into the larger game world of the existing game product. Additionally, to take an existing game product built-in Unity targeting WebGL, and productize it, namely to ensure all assets are managed optimally, fix existing defects in the game and modify the game as needed to become a robust product.
In general other responsibilities include:
- Elaborate on high-level requirements to create user stories
- Create code designs to implement user stories and solve problems encountered
- Test written code for correctness and robustness
- Version-control created software and manage multiple code branches
- Deploy software to test environments
- Report on status and progress at daily standups
- Provide technical and sales support to colleagues and end users
- 3+ years of professional software development on the Unity engine working in C#.
- Acted as a lead developer on one or more projects.
- You know how to work in a collaborative team environment and navigate the challenges of delivering a great app on time.
- Able to break down complicated tasks into discrete solvable components, prioritize what is important, and provide accurate time estimates.
- Deep understanding of how to use Unity to create games for the WebGL target, as well as apps for iOS and Android.
- Knowledge on Asset bundling and asset optimization
- An eye for visual design.
- Ability to work collaboratively with designers and artists.
- An obsession with the details that can elevate an experience from ‘good enough’ to ‘great’.
- Applies principles of continuous learning, mentors others, and embraces feedback.
The list of technologies we use:
- The learning game is developed using the Unity game engine. Mainy WEBGL based, but also developing for iOS and Android, written in C#
- IT infrastructure is provided by Amazon Web Services, including EC2 compute servers and an proprietary NoSQL DBMS called DynamoDB
- Version control is a combination of GitLab and Github