Accounting & Finance
Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Trolley is growing rapidly and we are recruiting a full-time Payroll Manager to join our finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller.
In your role you will:
- Compile the data for preparing the bi-monthly payroll for US and CA and process the pay.
- Oversee payroll processing with local partners for our offices in Europe.
- Responsible for processing administrative responsibilities related to new hires, position changes, leaves of absences, terminations across our payroll systems.
- Responsible for preparing termination pay and production of T4s (CA), W-2 and 1099 (US) and ROEs.
- Act as the main point of contact for employee questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Work closely with the People Operations team to ensure proper workflow.
- Produce reports, analyze data and work in collaboration with Finance and members of the People Operations team.
- Manage all payroll operations as they relate including updating employee information, hours, benefits, vacation, year-end process etc.
- Manage group benefits administration including adding & terminating employees, reporting, reconciliation, and invoices.
- Conduct a yearly benchmark with regards to benefits in each location.
- Collaborate with the People Operations Team on the annual compensation review process.
- Conduct the yearly employment equity filings and support any necessary audits as required by federally regulated companies.
- Review and Process all employee expenses and ensure payments are made on the next payroll
- Assist in the year end audit of financial statements for accounts relating to payroll
- Account reconciliations for payroll accounts.
- Assist finance team with month-end tasks
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in streamlining workflows within payroll for improved productivity.
- You have strong proficiency in Canadian
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a similar role, PCP certification is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of payroll accounting and general accounting principles.
- You have a very good knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel), Netsuite, Paychex, Wagepoint and or any other relevant payroll system.
- You have excellent communication skills and understand providing world class support to employees.
- You have excellent analytical skills with the ability to solve problems.
- You have strong leadership skills and the ambition of growing into your role and taking on new responsibilities.
- You can work on several projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- You are independent and can work with little supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- You can work in a multicultural environment working with international colleagues.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Join an amazing team of diverse people working together on a common mission.
- Extended Healthcare benefits
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year + public holidays.
- Pension Plan.
- Gym Membership allowance.
- 1/2 day Fridays during summer.
- Choice of the tools you need to do your best.
Trolley is the payouts platform for the internet economy. Our vision is to unlock the collective economic opportunity of the internet – for everyone – by building a truly global payouts ecosystem. Through our powerful platform and API, Trolley enables businesses to reach workers from all corners of the world and offer creators, on-demand workers, and suppliers the ability to bring their specialized talents to a global market. Businesses use Trolley to automate and manage payouts, collect recipient tax and banking information, and mitigate fraud and risk. The payouts solution of choice for hundreds of businesses, Trolley has made payouts to over 1.1 million different musicians, artists, makers, vendors, and suppliers around the world.
See more open positions at Payment Rails
Something looks off?