Senior Software Developer, Fantasy Sports
About the job
- Are you a software developer at the top of your game?
- Are you passionate about sports or enjoy the thought of working with the vast amount of data in the sports industry?
- Are you obsessed with quality from every line of code to every pixel produced and all steps in between to make it happen?
- Do you want an opportunity to lead building a new product from the start?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we have a new opportunity for you!
At OwnersBox, we believe there is no end in the pursuit of perfection. We believe we can always make ourselves, our products and our communities better. We are always continuously improving and ensure our team has the tools and support needed to create quality software.
OwnersBox is an innovative sports-tech company that is looking to disrupt the way consumers play Fantasy Sports. Our aim is to bring sports fans closer to the leagues they love while simultaneously shaping a rapidly scaling industry. We are passionate about building a best-in-class Fantasy Sports platform that will provide a superior experience to millions of sports fans worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced developer who wants to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging and rapidly-growing company in the sports tech industry, and if you are passionate about software development and creating best-in-class products in the marketplace, please apply.
Job Description / What You'll Be Doing
- Work as part of a team to focus on building new products into the OwnersBox product portfolio
- Ensure consistency in design patterns and technology stacks across the OwnersBox product portfolio
- Design, document, build, test and maintain high quality software with clean code
- Mentor other team members in how to deliver high quality software
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Slack, etc.
- Lead changes to our development processes and tools to improve quality
What We Might Look For
There is no expectation of checking all the boxes, but the following list may give you an indication of the types of qualities we are looking for in an ideal candidate.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to general process
- Ability to identify with the goals of OwnersBox, and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them
- Ability to work through new and difficult issues and contribute to fixes as needed
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of software
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude
- Forensic attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English
- You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues
- Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week
Current Tech Stack Overview
- Google Cloud Platform (App Engine, Compute Engine, Cloud Datastore, Cloud Storage, Memcache etc.)
We’re a small-sized team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard play-hard environment. We offer competitive compensation, paid vacation time, medical, dental, vision, flexible work schedules, and more.