Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We are not working with recruitment agencies at this time.
Owl.co empowers insurers to combat illegitimate claims on a large scale while eliminating human bias from the process. Our clients are top insurance companies across North America, achieving remarkable results through our AI-powered, evidence-based platform. We are on a mission to integrate state-of-the-art ML and NLP methods to transform this traditionally manual activity into a fair process. We are well-funded and have engineering offices in New York City, Toronto, and Vancouver.
About the Role: We are seeking a driven and motivated Machine Learning Engineer to develop the core intelligence behind our products. You will collaborate with various functions – leading the design, implementation, and production of some of the most impactful systems in the insurance industry.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborate directly with the CTO and the rest of the engineering team to build ML-powered systems and products
- Work with internal stakeholders to conduct impactful data analysis to address customer needs
- Construct models to classify, rank, and annotate documents, powering the core fulfillment engine
- Design experiments to enhance internal processes, data collection, and ML models
- Collaborate cross-functionally to tackle challenging product issues
- Lead technical discussions and assist in driving technical decisions within the team
- Develop clear, well-documented, and maintainable code across the entire stack
- Mentor junior engineers and support the growth of the engineering team
- Analyze user behavior from our platform to uncover new features, trends, and insights aimed at improving our products
- Contribute to the development and direction of our analytics practices
- 5+ years of ML experience with a strong track record of applied project work in the industry
- Advanced Degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience with Python
- Expertise in reporting, dashboard development, and data management
- Proficient in common data science tools and query languages such as pandas, NumPy, seaborn, sklearn, and SQL
- Strong interpersonal and written skills, expertise in A/B testing, statistical analysis, and the theory/practice of working with applied ML
- Familiarity with AWS data services (Glue, Athena, QuickSight, etc.)
- Medical: 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Pension: 401K matching
- Short & long-term disability
- Recharge: 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 public holidays, additional sick days, and time off over the winter holidays
- Personal development: $1,200/year toward your fitness expenses, favorite activities, or professional development
- Hybrid working environment
Please note that we cannot provide visa sponsorship in the US.
Something looks off?