Sales Development Representative (Fintech Saas)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Overbond is a developer of artificial intelligence (AI)-driven real-time data streams for bond trading automation. Overbond offers the most advanced bond trading data streams and execution management system (EMS) in the market. The Overbond data streams and analytics can be integrated into the systems and workflow of any and every fixed income trading desk in the world.
Overbond helps fixed income trading desks overcome the lack of a complete and centralized pricing and transaction data source for the bond markets, execute more client trades, increase the profitably of the trades that are executed, conduct pre-trade and post-trade analyses, monitor prices and risk and prepare reports.
The company serves trading desks in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Overbond is headquartered in Toronto and operates a lab in Montreal that engages academics and post-graduate researchers to conduct advanced research and development in quantitative finance and AI modelling.
The Position Description
Overbond is looking for a highly motivated, results oriented Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our rapidly growing sales team. As a key member of our team, you will be on the front lines of our sales process responsible for strategically sourcing (outbound via email, phone, & social) and qualifying (inbound) sales opportunities.
The successful candidate will be required to identify, research, and originate new global revenue opportunities, triage new inbound activity, and schedule qualified meetings. Will be responsible for conducting high level meetings with Financial Services Executives and Bond Trading Professional to understand their trading process, technology needs, goals and to drive new business towards the achievement of your weekly/monthly/quarterly quotas for sales qualified opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high capacity and ambitious professional that is eager to gain exposure and experience in the high potential world of rapid scaling Financial Markets SaaS Technology.
If you are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial self-starter with a natural curiosity– we’d love to chat!
- Drive top-of-the-funnel lead generation for account executives and sales managers
- Develop new business through prospecting and activity-based calling and emailing
- Qualify/research new leads and schedule meetings using HubSpot
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase interest in Overbond products
- Update and manage all sales activities, opportunities, and account information in CRM database (Hubspot)
- Assist team in the continuous optimization of processes, data capture, revenue forecasting and reporting.
- Learn B2B SaaS best practices – coursework, self-study and vendor training
- Refine the company’s lead generation and sales playbook
- Commensurate with experience
- Competitive base with performance variable component
- Equity Participation via ESOP
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on a real product with very demanding paying enterprise clients
- Learning and self-development opportunities through online courses and knowledge sharing lecture sessions.
- Extended health coverage (Dental, Vision, Drug plan and other medical services)
- Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- Health & Wellness program
- Monthly team lunches and social events
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Interest/experience in and/or curiosity of fixed income markets Bachelors or University Degree
- Technical proficiency with G-Suite, Gmail, Calendar, G-Drive, Slack, Zoom
- Ability to work in a fast paced, startup team environment
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Strong customer-facing and presentation skills with the ability to establish credibility with senior financial executives.
- Excellent technical skills or ability to quickly learn and communicate technical concepts.
- Motivation, the ability to make a high volume of calls and touches, the
- ability to close, persistence, consistency and great time-management.
- To be an effective team member, you are:
- High energy, adaptable and fearless
- Positive, empathetic, with a strong moral compass
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail.
- Instinctually able to connect and engage with a diversity of
- personalities to advance commercially oriented conversations
- Comfortable cold calling.
It is a plus if you have experience
- Working with sales technologies Hubspot, SFDC and Linkedin
- Experience and/or interest in AI/machine learning and financial modeling
- B2B SaaS account prospecting, or account management or consulting
- Fintech, start-up or bond trading
Successful candidate(s) will have a truly exciting opportunity to be part of the industry leading financial technology company changing the way how global investment banks, institutional investors, corporations and governments access the capital markets. The candidate will work with top notch industry professionals and will be given ample amount of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Overbond is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Overbond will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities.