The workplace is being disrupted and we’re leading the change toward a flexible future. Are you interested in being a part of this evolution and passionate about shaping the future of work?
Optix is a technology platform that enables coworking and flex space leaders across 20+ countries to succeed. We are reimaging coworking management software and enabling our clients to automate their operations, engage their communities, optimize their performance, and more.
We’re a passionate group of people who support each other to do our best work. We enjoy pour-over coffee, chocolate croissants, and jamming on our vision of changing the way the world works. And now we’re looking for an entrepreneurial-minded individual to join our rapidly growing team.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients, identifying new business opportunities, and driving revenue growth. With a deep understanding of our product, you will conduct sales demos and manage the sales cycle from initial contact to closing the deal. You will also stay up-to-date with industry trends in coworking and continuously seek to improve your sales skills and knowledge. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual with a passion for sales and a track record of success in B2B SaaS.
Note: This is a hybrid opportunity for someone based in Vancouver, BC (50% in our beautiful water-front Gastown office, 50% from home).
We welcome applicants from all walks of life. Even if you don’t feel you meet every requirement listed, we would still love to hear why you think you would be an awesome addition to our team, and we encourage you to apply.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of experience in sales or account management in a B2B SaaS or technology sales environment
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets, and strong closing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple sales opportunities
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and techniques, and proficiency with Hubspot, Gong, and other sales-related software
- Positive attitude, resilience, and ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- You question the status quo, take ownership of your work, and proactively identify and address issues and opportunities
- You like to work collaboratively and have a great sense of humour
- You are ambitious, yet humble and quick to support your fellow teammates
Bonus points for
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Previous experience in a start-up environment working with a small team
- Experience in the coworking and/or commercial real estate industry
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Optix platform, as well as our target market
- Build relationships with prospective clients, and serve as a trusted advisor on their business needs and objectives
- Conducting sales demos to showcase the features and benefits of Optix, and effectively articulate the value proposition
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities, and effectively manage and prioritize sales opportunities
- Manage the sales cycle from initial contact to closing the deal, and ensure timely and accurate follow-up with leads
- Meet or exceed assigned sales targets and contribute to the achievements of the sales team
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to share insights on prospects and provide feedback on the effectiveness of messaging, targeting, and overall strategy, as well as our product team to share feedback from leads on key features and functionality
- Update and maintain accurate records in Hubspot to manage the sales pipeline, track progress, and identify areas for improvement
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, competitor activity, and customer needs to stay ahead of the game and continuously improve our processes
- Track and report on key metrics to evaluate performance
- Represent Optix in a professional and knowledgeable manner in all interactions with potential clients
We take care of our teammates
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup. Taking care of our team on this journey is a priority. We offer:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Strong Employee Stock Option Plan offering
- Excellent health and dental coverage program provided by Sunlife
- Mission-driven workplace experience with a positive, collaborative and supportive team culture
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Healthy snacks and locally roasted coffee – slow pour is our jam
- Weekly team lunches and socials
- Annual health and fitness credit
- Fun offsite activities that allow us to reconnect as a team
- A beautiful, waterfront Gastown office and a flexible hybrid workplace plan